A Prison of the mind

A Prison of the mind

A Poem by MoriartyMesa
"

Attention on the yard, Attention on the yard, Attention on the yard. Clear the mind, return all thoughts to the cell block. Attention on the yard!

"
Close your eyes and see the bars of the cell close.

Open the mind's eye to those thoughts that must be caged....






See the cell bars close, hear the sound of the iron and steal locks clam.

Like a steal pipe striking and iron bar, three times,






clink

clink

clink


Is it a mind palace,

a mind prison,

what can it be as you feel those cold bars slam?

Do you hide those thoughts,

lock them up and keep them hidden?




Clink


Clink


Clink?



Never a mind palace,

never a mind prison,

always caged......

They say we have split thoughts,

palaces and prisons




clink,


clink,

clink,






The bars close,

the cage is locked,

the thoughts, all thoughts, any thoughts,

you keep them locked up.





Clink,


CLINK,


CLINK!






but with Freedom


can your mind truly



be free??????

© 2014 MoriartyMesa


Author's Note

MoriartyMesa
1981

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the repetition in this. The mind can be a dangerous place times, locking you in a prison of bad thoughts if you let it, which I can relate too - I often have that problem.
Great piece hun!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very good write. I liked the repetition, and the imagery is quite good. The sounds and the images. The structure is also very nice...something about it makes it more interesting. I can definitely relate to the mind feeling like a prison. I guess depression or stress will do that. Like your own thoughts are keeping you chained in a cage, locked up inside your own mind. Well written, keep it up.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is an incredibly clever write... I really enjoyed the subtle use of repetition that you creatively changed to highlight the way things shift and change becoming distorted in the mind in which we imprison ourselves.... the sound effects added to the dramatic emotion that you evoked in the reader as if hearing the "clinking" of the iron bars reinforced the finality and the severity of the predicament... how we try to "hide those thoughts" and keep them "locked away" as if to protect ourselves, yet this becomes our own personal torture... very moving, honest, raw, vivid write that leaves you thinking but also feeling as if punched in the gut.... well done... I thoroughly enjoyed...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautiful poem that is very well put together. The structure of it has a way of making the reader feel as if there is a big treasure to find. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Interesting way you enlarged the font, scrolling down gave me that feeling having to dig, digging... Like it were my own grave... Prison does feel like that don't it? Great stuff!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

from the looks of it, not even a little.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2014
Last Updated on June 29, 2014

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


her lover her lover

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson


Lost Time Lost Time

A Chapter by Matching Socks