My first and Only experience with the super Natural

My first and Only experience with the super Natural

A Story by MoriartyMesa
"

I am not a believer, never have been but I did have a strange encounter over a bridge once. Out side Victoria Canada.

"
When it comes to anything Paranormal, Big Foot, Ghosts, Magic, Aliens (not sure if that is in the same ball park but you get my meaning) any and all of those things seem to have the one's who believe and the ones who do not. Thankfully, the believers are crazy people that always know someone or had some insane personal experience. While the non believers tend to make fun of the opposing side and call them either 'insane' or just playing 'nuts'.

Non believer's are people who want proof rather than here say, example. If the so called 'witness' is obsessed with Big Foot, than of course he will find 'evidence' based on personal opinion and obsession.  Than of course everything that person says will be dismissed, I have done it, maybe you, your bff, your mom. It is very easy to dismiss and the office joke the next day, "Hey did you hear, Jones say's there is a ghost in her building, what a dumb a*s". In an age where you can monitor your house with a cell phone, playing Angry Bird and knowing what the weather/time shares are priced for in Cyprus. How can we not dismiss the rantings of Jon Doe when he claims his mother was abducted by Aliens on Christmas Eve?

But here is where every thing goes to H.E. double hockey sticks, when it comes from someone is not only a non believer, but a historical nut. I wish I could say my experience was something that will forever be a profound moment of man kind, or an acknowledgement that there is more to the Universe than meets the human eye and prospective. However, on the night of July the 7th 1997, nine beers in me, four joints, and coming out of a rave sometime around 3 a.m. I had three hundred dollars in my pocket, a ticket to get me back to Seattle and at least six hours before my aunt would awake in the hotel room. She had so kindly taken me on a nice vacation to Seattle when I was 17, but on the third night she had more than one vodka tonics with one sleeping pill and I knew she would be out for at least 13 hours.

So the world was my oyster, I had a great night dancing and meeting girls. More than a few beers, smoked more than I should have and when your 17, it is a time when nothing can touch you. So there I was, I had three hours before the boat left and I wandered my way over this city, cobble stones, buildings made of brick and mortar, The Empress Hotel, everything is so beautiful when sauced and baked, moon light and street lamps glow it is one of those few moments when any human being can say, 'all is right in the world with this such beauty around me'. Which I said while emptying the tall boy I had and coughing my last puff of a Vancouver blonde. I had ended up on some bridge when what for a normal person should have been mind blowing, but when you have one or two vices rocking your system everything becomes clear.


At the end of the stone bridge was something, not of this Earth (saying that for dramatic expression). Now when being drunk or stoned or both. The human brain will still function, Hollywood loves to use the cliche of someone seeing double or smoking a joint and finding themselves in a cartoon. The reality is your sense become a little bit more aware..... at least in my case (note: never had a hang over in my life). So in the state of youth and intoxication I had to reason everything I was seeing at triple speed.

Theory 1:
Quantum Fluctuation- Not a clue but the baked mind loves to think of Star Trek.



Theory 2:
Charlies Dickens- It's July, A Christmas Carol happens at Christmas.




Theory 3:
So where the hell is Doctor Who. Granted I am baked but still, like where is the dude?





So there I was on this stone bridge, out of my head with the effects of being at a rave for six hours, smoking, drinking, always watching and looking. On the other end this a was this a cloud, not a cloud but a cloud with a shadow that looked right at me. For a warm night, but everything in the surrounding went cold, the smoke i exhaled of a filthy person who enjoy the smoking of a cigarette, never expects the the fog of winter. Except the smoke would cloud and break. he would not exhale and see the water under the bridge that ran so fast, soon slowed and became cold, mists would turn the water to ice and it would rise and create a cool fog. I could hear the sound of water cracking on top of thin ice and than the sound of cracking and spreading until the small running stream froze over and it made the everything feel more cold. As I heard the sound of ice forming I heard the voice of something screaming in death.  Every scream made the wind grow colder, every cry made the bridge freeze. But the apparition looked directly at me.

With every scream, every cry, I never moved, a sip from my beer and hit from the joint made me impossible to move. I just stood there like my name sake, what did that Medicine Man say, "The Plato would never kneel'? Or did he mean Mesa?  Now please keep in mind, that I am not John Wayne or someone trying to sound like he is too cool for school. But actually, too stupid to be scared. Or too baked, or too drunk, not sure. But what I do remember is standing there just more curious than anything else to be perfectly honest. I looked at her (it sort of looked like a woman) and she looked at me, I could see so much hate in her, so much pain, in the scientific realm she could have been part of a temporal shift in time. Yet again my mind thought of Doctor Who.  But every time she screamed she tried to look in to me.

Now I am not sure how to explain this but here us my best shot. If you have ever shown your personal favorite play list to someone, or NetFlix Que, or You Tube history, you might be a little embraced right?  Well what I felt was that to the power of 20. But for one reason or another, the mist of something I could never explain kept hitting a wall.  I was directly across from this, what should I have called it? A Ghost, Spirit, or something from the great beyond?  Here is the actual truth, I have no clue but what ever it was, it was in my way.

"Can I ask a question or five, why are you here, there must be a reason other than something like a murder or suicide, even then, why this place?" I asked as i made my steps over the brick and stone of this already frozen bridge. Every step of I madea frozen wind and scream hit my body. But when your not in your right mind the logical step is to keep walking. I was cold but the beer and weed kept my mind on task. Not the smartest tasks, but a task to understand. Before I said that I was a bit of a history nut, well if Greek Fire could lead to putting a man on the moon, than you might understand why I was more or less a jerk to something that could endanger my life and may well endanger any after life.

"GO FROM WHERE YOU COME!" those were the first words that I understood, the apparition bellowed at me, coming inches from my face.

"REMOVE ME! TAKE MY SOUL AN ANSWER TO DIS, ANSWER TO MICTLANTECUHTIL, SPILL MY BLOOD BUT ANSWER TO THE GOD'S." Now here is one of those things that people either tend to forget or black out. When Vice is in your blood you feel like Weapon X.

At one end was something that so many would marvel, note, and study. But there was something different on the other end. A mistake of humanity more modern thinkers would call me a brute, but something in my blood would not leave this world.

"YOU SHALL NEVER SEE THE SUN" Her voice froze the stone, water, and everything in my body, but something (not just the THC)  kept my blood warm. With every step I made I felt the ice, the cold, the sin strike against me.

"YOU SHALL DIE UPON THIS STREAM OF WATER AND ARCH"

No in most stories your hero will come through with something clever, not me. As baked and drunk as I was, I stepped slowly. 'A Spirit, God, or Ghost'.

"Bring me your fury and I will bring you reality"

I screamed as the apparition came to me. Was I scared, well who the hell wouldn't be? But here is something I learned when I was a kid, those shadows we all see, can not hurt you or me.


So like  a fool I stood there, she screamed, the earth shook, the ice broke in steam, and she came at me.


"I AM OF AZTEC AND KELT BLOOD, IF YOU DO NOT FEAR MY GODS, YOU SHALL"  I screamed as the street lamps exploded, the world shook and the spirit stop, just three inches from my face.


"APOLOGIES" was all I heard as the July morning returned. Nothing was what it had been, was it the booze, the weed, the back bacon?








I do not believe in ghosts, but I am more than willing to see what they can do.






   

© 2014 MoriartyMesa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting scene on the bridge of sighs. This speaks to several social and philosophical norms. The belief that supernatural and substance induced visions hold no power over reality is the focal point. you have great potential as a writer, if you are willing to build the skills of being a self editor. I would advise you to purchase an affordable copy-editing software to clean up the issues that make this difficult for readers. This narrative is exactly like someone would tell an oral story to a group. But writing a story is a different task altogether.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

357 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 9, 2014
Last Updated on August 9, 2014

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing