A Bull in a China shop

A Bull in a China shop

A Story by MoriartyMesa
"

Día de Muertos

"
This is the day we remember, we remember those who passed. A day that my father's people said is a day to celebrate the dead. Sure we like to remember our loved one's we might light a candle count our Rosary Beads, kneel and give thanks. And pray, pray for the souls of every one we have ever lost. In life, love, friendship, and always in our hearts. But here is were celebrating death becomes a little bit crazy, in celebrating Death we remember the living.

Those who are left and those who have yet to come. We remember what crazy aunt Jane did at that one Christmas eve party when she had one too many and danced with a lamp shade on her head. Or how funny cousin Marcos eat three chocolate cakes by himself and burped "Oh Susana".

In remembering who we lost and their crazy antics, we remember how they cried when we were sick. Oh dad would not leave our side at the hospital, or Great Grandma baked cookies just for us. Some people forget these things and than they remember. That time we came home drunk or the time we came home with honors.

Día de Muertos

The Day of the dead, the remembered, loved, dearly respected dead.


On this night of All Hallow's Eve, this night that brown and golden leaves wait for the frost of winter. We remember you, miss you, and wait for the new friends, lovers, family, and people too meet.




Happy
Día de Muertos


And God or Goddess bless the living, every single one.

© 2014 MoriartyMesa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

We were lucky enough to visit Mexico during one of there festival times for remembering the dead. It is good to remember their life indeed. All things pass away in this life. It is healthy to remember we too will join them one day.
I enjoyed visiting your page.

Posted 9 Years Ago


That's what it is all about, isn't it then? Rather than forget those silly antics that would normally irritate more than one could politely insinuate, once they are gone they become endearing then, don't they?
no? ok then , maybe not. lol

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 1, 2014
Last Updated on November 1, 2014

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing