Gone

Gone

A Poem by Morrissey

Ambitions that blind us.
The scars that drive us.
And the hate we've endured.
Cut deep, but still breathing.
We continue on, unsure of what will come. Arcane paths taken by few.
The trees are bold and beautiful.
Pitch black, yet the outlines of your lips pierce me. "Guide me. Take me away. Do with me as you please, for I have given up. This world has no need for me."
You approach me ever so silently. Ever so beautifully. I shudder instinctively. Your voice echoes as if on a hillside.
You kiss me. And I experience death a thousand times.

© 2014 Morrissey


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

great language with deep meanings you're losing your grip here in this poem can he still save you for yourself and not let you drown in your sorrows. Love can concur all May you find it before you fall.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hello Morrrissy,

Nice crisp clear images! The last line works really well with all that proceeds it and punctuates your thoughts perfectly.

One minor thing bothers me though-- The first four lines create a crisp, almost staccato, series of thoughts. Then you have several lines that are much, much longer, even though the thoughts/sentences are still pretty compact.

I think things might flow smoother if the long lines could be broken into smaller chunks. These chunks would reinforce the pattern you have already set up, creating a light framework for your thoughts. There's always times when you might want to mix short and long lines for interest or contrast, but I think your carefully crafted words have no need for such artifice.

For example, to make the last lines have even more punch you could use a line break to isolate the kiss from the little deaths (maybe even ditch the period or possibly add an em dash).

"You kiss me—
And I experience death a thousand times." [such a great line]

or elsewhere--possibly:

"Pitch black (surrounds us),
Yet the outlines of your lips
Pierce me... guide me.
Take me away.
Do with me as you please, for I have given up.
This world has no need for me."

Just a few thoughts to try on for size... the long lines did not seem to have a particular purpose or strength. If they do not, then maybe revise for greatest impact. Your concept and great wordplay deserve it, I think.

JKB


Posted 9 Years Ago


Morrissey

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much Mr.Beach :)
I know Im young and I still have a lot of learning thing to d.. read more
J. K. Beach

9 Years Ago

I had an excellent teacher/friend who reviewed my first youthful scribblings with wit, grace, and a .. read more
Morrissey

9 Years Ago

Thank you, sir. Your words are very much appreciated.
Morrissey, very well written, I feel your words, they move me. I look forward to reading your other writings!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love the way you perfectly set your words, it flows as perfect as water, it speaks a lifetime of emotion in an iota of time, breathtaking!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2014
Last Updated on July 3, 2014
Tags: Death, hopelessness, beauty

Author

Morrissey
Morrissey

Los Angeles, CA



About
My name is Morrissey. And I'm quite passionate about writing, poetry, and music. My writing, my poetry, and my words they all come from my heart. I write from my very soul, and every word is genuine. .. more..

Writing
Closeness Closeness

A Poem by Morrissey