my alien

my alien

A Story by Moushami Sha
"

this story will take you to your childhood when you were not able to understand the love of your family or siblings... but now that you remember them...it makes you giggle.

"

I bolted down the stairs with my phone in my quivering hands. I saw my mother appreciating my elder brother for his matchless and splendid results once more in his academic exams. I called out to my Alien ignoring my mom's eyes which was about to fall on lazy me doing the daily nuisance again. Yeah, I call him Alien instead of Allen. Why? coz why not? I find it funny! whatever... So, he walked to me and attempted to make a sardonic face to ask, "What? Jealous again?" Disgustfully I said, "Oh please, I don't care..." then I recollected that my hand was trembling and I was supposed to be afraid. I made a scary face and said, "Do you know! something very spooky just..." He started giggling. "What?", I said. "It is so funny how you always make that face while saying something supposedly creepy", he said. I tried my best to pay no heed to that and continued, "Look at this Instagram post... you know this lady who posted it has died a month ago!" I gave my phone to him, and he gazed at the screen for some time. I was waiting for some reaction but suddenly our mom called us for dinner. She prepared a mouth-watering Chicken Liver and Pineau Pâté along with appetizing cheesy sprout fondue that my brother is very fond of. I sat on the table thinking, "I think he must have ignored that because mom interrupted at wrong time!" I turned to him and said, "Did you see what I showed you? that Instagram post? It is so spooky, right?" "Yeah, it's very scary. But you are too small to think bout' these mysterious things...it may harm you!", he said having the dinner peacefully. I was shocked. I didn't think that he will believe me so easily. "Do you really believe me, Alien?" "Yes, I do. Now have your dinner and go to study." He also gave me one chicken liver from his plate as he knew I like them a lot. I went back to my room, I opened my Instagram, and gaped at that post. I still don't know why he believed my joke. I was really a small child who didn't understand these elder brother-things. These childhood memories sometimes make me smile and...

cringe too!

 

© 2022 Moushami Sha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on May 5, 2022
Last Updated on May 5, 2022
Tags: love, brother, family, old memories