MY BOREDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT POLITICS

MY BOREDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT POLITICS

A Story by mister_abp
"

My very myopic view on politics.

"
MY BOREDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT POLITICS


Politics, what's in the word, what's the idea behind it, what's the need to select certain people to take the mantle of leadership and lead us? Ok reading those few lines can be easily be shot down with years of historical backing telling us that the masses don't know what's good for them but same history also has shown us that the power given to such certain few have made them "power drunk”, "power hungry" without the ability of having checks and balances to make sure that they are always kept in line with what the masses need. All this so call history doesn't apply to our nation, I can boldly say that the idea we carry with us about what politics means in our part of the world is just obscured because to us we see politics as a place where the selfish get to take care of themselves. We have the "elites", the "wealthy", the "inbetweeners", the "middle class" and yes you guessed it the very overpopulated no other word to use "masses". I'm not too proud of my choice of words but that's what I see as the nation I call home has built up walls to classify who is who, growing up I heard words like "government" is "of the people", "by the people" and "for the people" what a load of bullshit (pardon my French). Truth be told I don't have any atom of an idea what it takes to run a student union in a university let alone a country but the idea of holding a public office is to serve the people who saw your so-called ability and elected who was given the change to lead.
I recently saw a documentary of the great revolutions in 1989 and I was amazed as how the people who were fed up with how they were being lead ( side note: there is always a hidden agenda for each revolution that took place, we can never truly grasp the amount of wet-works that took place with that said everybody always has something to gain or lose and always the masses are the ones to bear the largest of losses and none is the wiser) and in recent happenings there has been more recent government take downs by the people of some countries in the past couple of years and the most recent of them being the breakaway of a state of a country to claim it needs to be ruled by more capable hands. I'm not saying we need that much reaction by the people and I have no plans of inciting such but would it be too much to demand of our government to systematically take care of our needs. Also growing up, we were made each morning recite "Parents listen to your children, we are the leaders of tomorrow, try to pay our school fees and give us sound education" but when "we" the "so called leaders" are not given a chance to show what we are worth then they mind f**k ( pardon my Russian ) us when they are not ready to let go of the power they have so much become addicted to, I recall a few lines from the movie " blood diamond" and it goes like this " the government wants you to vote. They say the future is in your hands" with an evil laugh it continued with "we now the future. So we take your hands, b******s bring forth the next one" if you have seen the movie you would know that the rebels’ militants were cutting off the hands of people....... (I'm not here to do a movie review so go watch it yourself and by the way Leonardo de Caprio is in the movie and he dies that much I can tell you) so back to the matter at hand and what it means to have a government like ours.
My lifetime on the blue planet we call earth hasn’t been long enough to really have a strong view of what life was before 1999 well I was born ten years before that year and the idea of politics and governance be it bad or the lack of the opposite of bad had never once crossed my mind and the only significance that year made to my life was that we were once in military rule and now we moved up the ladder to enter a democratic dispensation.
The days that followed leading up to months showed that Nigeria as a whole was about to get better but the sickness had only just started to manifest its ugliness and the years that followed only created a generation of lost sheep heading over the cliff of certain demise and we coined that singular phase "e go better" that held us to our doom.
Enough said, anybody reading this clearly has a better idea of the wrong paths we took that lead us to this point and what we all haven’t been strong enough to tell ourselves is that is not getting better, it’s not easy, things won’t change cause we think it would, miracles will not fall into our lap and life in Nigeria becomes better for all.
Now let’s face reality, I am beyond the point of believing that another politician won’t come out and make more unrealistic promises and we bite it hook, line and sinker run to the polls deceiving ourselves that we are making a stand for what we want in a better life, only to get hard times as reward for being as naïve as a virgin dreams of love only to get raped by life harder and more brutal than anyone could imagine. I don’t want an honest politician, hell to the f*****g no, truth of the matter I don't really care if you steal the money (are you shocked I said that, well I guess you just did what has been so hard to do generate electricity....) if a politician is smart enough to steal billions of Naria I'm of the opinion that you should be smart enough to use the money to start up something that would keep the ill gotten wealth flowing like a river but nooooo, the best idea you have is to take it to another country and improve their economy while yours sinks and sinks, like I said I really don't care if you do but have the brains to convert it into something because... (if you are a politician reading this and you have stolen money and don't know how else to use the money for actual good, locate me I can give you a few pointers) ...but really apart from a very few politicians, majority were flat a*s poor, broke, felt hardship in one form or the other, so what happened along the line to make you like this? If you can give me a legit answer and can make me understand then I will say okay.
I want a man who will look me in the eye and tell me to hold on a little bit longer because it’s worth it at the end not for me oh no but for my children and their children and so on and so forth. I want a man who will stand by one singular word of doing the only thing he can do for the briefest of moments.
EDUCATION! INFRASTRUCTURE! FINANCE! POWER! MINNING! AGRICULTURE! ETC... Just to mention a few of the different sectors that need urgent attention by the government of Nigeria. The idea behind treating someone with cancer is to put the person in so much pain cancer seems like the lesser of two evils but this is what we haven’t fully understood about Nigeria, and I fear I alone see that there is no cancer, no deep-rooted problem, and no issue that surpasses a solution.

The problem with Nigeria is you.

And the reason you can see the above line and say its wrong is all the reason to justify that the above line is correct than the time of the day we all believe to either be "morning or night".
We are what’s wrong we Nigeria and that’s bright as day or dark as night, we believe Nigeria owes us something and we must collect because if we don’t, someone else will and that mentality has crippled us all. The inability to move forward leads to stagnation and that is as a result of slow or no movement at all which in turn in its simplest form is death, which is what is happening to Nigeria, slow gradual death creeping its way because we all want to take and keep taking because it’s who we are, what we do and why because we are the problem.
If you are reading this it’s clear to you that the solution is not just an aggressive takeover but a systematic cutting away of everyone who fails to see the over 170million problems that are the country Nigeria.
We don’t need reform; we need a transformation of the mind.
We don’t need tribalistic one foot in the grave men and women; we need people who see other people.
We don’t need change, we are the change.

© 2018 mister_abp


Author's Note

mister_abp
Pls if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
P.s
Hey mr/mrs politician I was serious, locate me.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think you have 100% the right idea here. I think this piece has the potential to be huge, but it feels "clunky." I mean that constructively. It has the right elements, but the actual writing feels like unedited and disorganized thoughts.

Just my opinion. Write on.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think you have 100% the right idea here. I think this piece has the potential to be huge, but it feels "clunky." I mean that constructively. It has the right elements, but the actual writing feels like unedited and disorganized thoughts.

Just my opinion. Write on.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 14, 2017
Last Updated on February 19, 2018
Tags: MY BOREDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT POLITI

Author

mister_abp
mister_abp

Lagos, Lagos , Nigeria



About
Young writer, visionary, hopeful entrepreneur and everything in between.... more..

Writing