~Pocket Watch~

~Pocket Watch~

A Story by Mr.Allegory




He stood in front of the full body mirror, fondling the pocket watch that lay still and remote in his left coat pocket.His features twisted with anxiety. The low ticking is all he can hear other than the dull sound of his speeding heartbeat. He had found the pocket watch at a local park. The town called it a park, others called it a haven. But whatever it’s called it served the same purpose �"A getaway from life’s troubles. A place to not think. To enjoy the subtleties of what the world has to offer�"Mellow and calm. As his life was hectic being an officer and having served in the military, he enjoyed it severely. He considered it a second home.Every Weekend from 8:00A.M - 5:00 P.M, until he found the pocket watch with its Gold body & Victorian elegance.

He slowly slipped the watch from his pocket and admired it with a crazed look in his eyes. What was it about this watch? It looked like a perfectly normal watch that any old chap could come across in any old pawn shop. He bit his bottom lip, drawing blood. He wiped the beaded sweat from his forehead with his coat sleeve and placed the gold chained pocket watch around his burly neck. He admired his reflection at various angles. Then he passed out.

© 2012 Mr.Allegory


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on March 13, 2012
Last Updated on March 13, 2012

Author

Mr.Allegory
Mr.Allegory

Lancaster, CA



About
I'm another Human who tends to stray off into the world of the imagination~ more..

Writing
~Bakery~ ~Bakery~

A Poem by Mr.Allegory


~Water~ ~Water~

A Poem by Mr.Allegory