~Thoughts~

~Thoughts~

A Story by Mr.Allegory

U.N.C.O.M.F.O.R.T.A.B.L.E

2.) In a state of discomfort; uneasy; conscious of stress or strain.

I’m sitting here in this uncomfortable chair, uncomfortably staring at the screen, whilst uncomfortably trying to convince myself that all of this is uncomfortable. 

I know that I am exhausted and in need of rest, and yet, I still sit here in an uncomfortable state. Uncomfortable positions that follow with uncomfortably written rambles. Only to start over from the beginning; over and over again. I’m never really comfortable. Not even in sleep. I still toss and turn through-out the night. Still get an uncomfortable stiffness when I wake. Am I ever comfortable? Comfortable with being uncomfortable?

Sure.

It’s great~

© 2012 Mr.Allegory


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

through-out-->throughout .... it's one word : )

Short and sweet. it sounds very much like a somehting sitting in a questionably uncomfortable chair by a firelight in some far off cabin, drinking tea and thinking thoughts of things that others might not bother to think of. The simple and seemingly mundane, the chair and the effect the chair has on the narrator's person. Comfortable with being uncomfortable? I'd say so; I'd say most people are comfortable with being uncomfortable, otherwise they would strive for complete and utter comfort, and once said goal is reached, the narrator will be so content with comfort that it pauses its life and barely exists in this comfort...until, eventually, the comfort becomes bothersome--unnatural, haunting--and the uncomfortable become remnants of the past; legends, 'glory days', and one soon finds one's self walking over to that there questionably uncomfortable chair to sit and ponder; let one's thoughts roam on and on upon the nature of the chair and its effect on one's self.

Thanks for the thought-provoking '~Thoughts~'. : ) Well writ

armrest/100

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Added on March 16, 2012
Last Updated on March 16, 2012

Author

Mr.Allegory
Mr.Allegory

Lancaster, CA



About
I'm another Human who tends to stray off into the world of the imagination~ more..

Writing
~Bakery~ ~Bakery~

A Poem by Mr.Allegory


~Water~ ~Water~

A Poem by Mr.Allegory