~Maricar~

~Maricar~

A Story by Mr.Allegory

Wrapped in a towel, Maricar stood in front of her closet appraising its contents, not sure on what to wear to the party she was invited to. She sighed in uncertainty. She longed to break free from the many stresses of college and have fun; for once. She wasn’t really the party type, but she desperately needed to relax; to let go for a while. She glanced at the Roman numeral wall clock she had just purchased after receiving her first paycheck. It read 6:20 P.M. The Party started at 7:30 P.M. She had some time. She half-heartedly looked through the rack of clothes.

Aha! This looks decent. She took a Tan oversized, laced cardigan, a classic black pleated skirt, and three inch heels from the closet and tossed them onto her bed. She quickly towel dried her hair, slipped into the outfit, and stood in front of her full body mirror, a pleased look painting her features.

“I wonder if he will be there.” She said out loud. I hope the rumors are true for once .The sound of the telephone made her jump. She glanced at the caller ID and quickly answered it.

“Hey Bree, I’m almost ready.” She balanced the phone on her shoulder to adjust her skirt.

“It’s about time,” Bree huffed. “You know how long I’ve been waiting for you outside? You better not make us late.” Maricar rolled her eyes.

“It’s 6:25. The party doesn’t start until 7:00” she said as she moved the phone from hand to hand as she slipped into a faux fur jacket.

“I’m on my way out the door now.” Maricar took one last look into the mirror

“You better be.” Bree whispered before ending the call. Maricar tossed the phone onto her bed with a smile and headed out the door

© 2012 Mr.Allegory


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on March 16, 2012
Last Updated on March 16, 2012

Author

Mr.Allegory
Mr.Allegory

Lancaster, CA



About
I'm another Human who tends to stray off into the world of the imagination~ more..

Writing
~Bakery~ ~Bakery~

A Poem by Mr.Allegory


~Water~ ~Water~

A Poem by Mr.Allegory