Desert Dove

Desert Dove

A Poem by Mr. Lopez
"

Looking for interpritations not ratings

"

Oh what have you done my desert dove?

When you took from the sun

His light

With wings to the sky you cast a spell

Without second thought

 Took flight

Your eyes cannot see the serpents perch

You’re now blinded by

Purple haze

The demons from hell befriended charm

Make night from

So many days

Far from the tree that once was me

You now search for a

 Brand new home

It’s too dark to see from where you came

You then find yourself

All alone

Hungry and tiered you fall from the sky

Weighted down by

Your greed

You soon die from shame while in midflight

And the sun never finds

The seed

 

© 2008 Mr. Lopez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This seems to go a long the same vein as you last poem only witha mush more espteric tone/theme... again ...it is of a Love that someone does not appreciate or see through jaded eyes and fear...fuition can never come about without the light and the honesty of ones self that remains hidden due to these false idols and fears.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i can see so many different ways to interpret this piece. I will give my best interpretation: the dove- a person who took the sun's light. The sun's light is the color yellow/orange/gold. It's bright and radiant and powerful. All this could represent something of value. the line "weighted down by your greed" supports this idea.

"Without second thought
Took flight
Your eyes cannot see the serpents perch
You're now blinded by
Purple haze
The demons from hell befriended charm
Make night from
So many days"

the person runs (without second thought took flight) and the further they run the darker the path behind them gets (make night from so many days) because when you run from sin/problems it becomes easier and easier to run (the demons from hell befriended "charm") than face what you've done, which only further tempts you to do the wrong thing.

"Far from the tree that once was me"

someone in their life that used to be their rock or strength to lean on

the last of the lines describes how in the end the shame of the act performed consumes them and they fall/die.

"When the sun never finds
The seed"

this might imply that the thing of value was a child. in the first 3 lines you refer to the thing taken as the sun's light... the sun is nothing without it's light, the sun's light makes it vibrant and alive.. as a parent feels towards their child, so these lines together could support the valued thing as a child, though i'm not certain.

this is just how i see it...


Posted 15 Years Ago


What has she done? Where did she go? Why does she not understand? There was a light that was shining on her, but she destroyed that light. That light wasn't only the light for her, but light for another as well. She kept flying, only thinking of herself, casting her evil upon those who care. Now it's too late for once she let demons into her inner core, for so long - it's merely impossible to get them out, or so it seems. I don't think she even knows that she is being drawn in by the works of evil and it's getting to late for her. You have been here before and the only thing it seems you can do, is sit back and watch for she never would listen. She may even read this, wishing there was something she could do, someway that she could be grounded again, how can she get back to where she was. She tries, and she won't give up, but maybe her fate is to be that lost seed. She is not a bad seed, but lost. You are able to see and feel what she goes through though you are not there. I find this hard to swallow because you seem to hit the nail write on the head. Almost eery that you are able to recount her life as it is right now. Don't stop reaching to her, maybe you are all she has.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This seems to go a long the same vein as you last poem only witha mush more espteric tone/theme... again ...it is of a Love that someone does not appreciate or see through jaded eyes and fear...fuition can never come about without the light and the honesty of ones self that remains hidden due to these false idols and fears.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
4 Reviews
Added on November 20, 2008
Last Updated on November 25, 2008

Author

Mr. Lopez
Mr. Lopez

Chandler, AZ



About
I was born in Texas October of 1966. Raised in California where i fell in love with music and art. I came from a large , poor family where the most valuable thing we ownwed was our love for each other.. more..

Writing
No Worries No Worries

A Poem by Mr. Lopez


Confused Confused

A Poem by Mr. Lopez