Defective Me

Defective Me

A Poem by Mr. Lopez

Dead on the inside but for a tiny bit of hope 

Entertaining devils workshop poisoned passion fueled
Fractured and left to stew in self-centredness
Effective means of self destruction in liquid love
Controlled by weakness that contributed to pains
Too many times fear would drive as i went along
Impulsiveness said that tomorrow I'll kick it with half measures
Validation soothed the sting of just another dose
Escaped reality living in synthetic joy a horror show
 
Materialized in sunrise came a ray of hope
Embraced sobriety opened doors to a better me
 

© 2008 Mr. Lopez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A journey into addiction, a battle with yourself, a problem so many face. People seem to loose their happiness when they start replacing it with a chemical one and when they get to that point where nothing matters and they just cant be happy unless they have that high, its hard to fight. In the end its overcome here, thats worthy of congradulations alone, but this poem deserves a second. Kudos.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

An indepth look of who you were, what you were and why you left it. You might want to keep that to yourself... it's strange how we grow and live, learn yet others watch and judge. All I can say is, the meaning of this poem, is to stretch your mind, take care of the problem and RELEASE yourself. I hope it did... and I'm here for you. A very good poem, taking in all the uncomfortable things we hate... you knocked this poem up. You made a stance. KS

Posted 15 Years Ago


A journey into addiction, a battle with yourself, a problem so many face. People seem to loose their happiness when they start replacing it with a chemical one and when they get to that point where nothing matters and they just cant be happy unless they have that high, its hard to fight. In the end its overcome here, thats worthy of congradulations alone, but this poem deserves a second. Kudos.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was another great piece. I found it to be creative, original and well written. As a psychotherapist I've worked in addictions, as well as mental health, and understand it's power.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dead on the inside.......
I can sense how you feel alive because you are breathing, only for that mere reason - which gives you hope to keep going. God wouldn't give you your breath if he didn't have a purpose for you.

I enjoyed the "E" line - oh how the devil can poison the soul with something that seems so fulfilling. You have much wisdom on that subject because you beat the devil at his own game.

The "F" line put me into a deep train of thought. Funny how addiction slowly turns the addict into a self centered person without the person really realizing it at first. Even after the addict is in recovery, seems the self centeredness hangs around.

I could go through each line in this poem and ellaborate because each line has so much meaning. You have a very in depth way of looking at things in life and being able to explain each well, pen to paper. You get your point across.

I enjoyed this. This, as you know, is a subject that intrigues me because I don't feel so alone when I hear your words. Thanks.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow.. this is awesome!...

Addiction is a horrible thing, it is basically our lower nature, our flesh as the word states, that takes control, to the point that our spirit man is no longer strong at all, and instead we are in a choke hold of our own device...this is one of the reasons why I fast a few times a year, because the closer we walk with God the more we see how our flesh will grab the pleasure that are detrimental to our spiritual health.. and what is left if our spirit is dead?..

Good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You captured the struggle and the deceptiveness of the disease perfectly! It really is cunning, baffling and powerful! I loe the way you ended it with hope and embraced your sobriety! Amazing, I am in awe and moved

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Break on through to the other side!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like how the ME part was positive things. showing the defective, but ending in the better you described as ME.

very well written. I understand your struggles.. it's not easy dealing with the defective you.. even in recovery. struggle breeds wisdom and strength.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great acronym poem! each line could almolst be a poem itself, becase it carried so much weight to the whole poem. DEFECTIVE ME, what a interesing way of conveying the person you use to be, and becuase of

Embraced sobriety opened doors to a better me

nicely done, esp with a structured poem, you put so much thought and emotion in it. thanks for sharing.

kena


Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
10 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 27, 2008

Author

Mr. Lopez
Mr. Lopez

Chandler, AZ



About
I was born in Texas October of 1966. Raised in California where i fell in love with music and art. I came from a large , poor family where the most valuable thing we ownwed was our love for each other.. more..

Writing
No Worries No Worries

A Poem by Mr. Lopez


Confused Confused

A Poem by Mr. Lopez