Somewhere on the other side

Somewhere on the other side

A Poem by Mr. Lopez

I will never understand what has become of mankind. The webs we weave for selfish gain at the expense of others only produces hollow treasures. Why the deception and hate? Why do we plot to destroy one and other without conscience? There are so many rewards in the realm of love to be had , yet so many choose instead to reside in self centered simple pride. Why do we do unto others as we would not want done unto us? Who wants to live in a world of disposable love and plastic smiles? In a place where paper mache "I would never's"Adorne the stage behind the actors who proclaim themselves "friend and/or loved ones." I would walk a mile over red hot coals if i knew i would find someone real at its end. Then there is the seeker of self. With the grass seemingly greener on the other side , the seeker will sacrifice promise and trust. Only to find that the grass is just as green and in most cases , even fake. The fruit that grows from the tree of betrayal is sour and without sustenance. What has become of peace and compassion? What have we done to love? In the wake of their crossing drown the eyes of their beloved. The seeker tries to bury their shame beneath self justification without success. He finds that he still carries this burden that grows heavier with every step in life he takes. Weighted down, his walk becomes a crawl until he sheds his burden onto another. The senseless karmic cycle continues. Sending a cosmic ripple into present and future generations. All the while destroying lives along the way. How disappointing we must be as a whole to our maker. In a dream of hope i reach out to the few who still believe that love is alive and well. Those few who choose to please our maker with acts of kindness and grace. Even so , i tire of selfish destruction and deception. My breath becomes shallow and my heart slows to a crawl. I feel no pain and the dream almost feels like reality as i bathe in light . Maybe there i can find real peace waiting ......somewhere on the other side.

© 2009 Mr. Lopez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on April 17, 2009
Last Updated on April 17, 2009

Author

Mr. Lopez
Mr. Lopez

Chandler, AZ



About
I was born in Texas October of 1966. Raised in California where i fell in love with music and art. I came from a large , poor family where the most valuable thing we ownwed was our love for each other.. more..

Writing
No Worries No Worries

A Poem by Mr. Lopez


Confused Confused

A Poem by Mr. Lopez