Crocodile Tears

Crocodile Tears

A Poem by Mr Whiskers
"

He was bein a little b***h...what can I say?

"

Ah yes, Let the false tears flow. Wash over me in waves of pretense and make-believe. Count the stars in your dreams and blame me when reality allows city lights to blot them out. Shiver in the wind of bitterness and point the finger at me when the shelter shakes as well. Suffer in the chaos of consequence, accuse me of being the cause of all past mistakes. Pinch your thigh and squeeze out one last drop, fuel the guilt trip with your show of anguish. Fallacy is an expertise yet for all you practice the mask is not full on. Like a wide-eyed child throwing a tantrum you flail your arms and plead. "No it must be my way or suffer the wrath." It must be so awful knowing you have no control over your future. It will be horrible to see you the day you finally realize that you are the one who relinquished that hold. I do not force you  into anything and you fancy yourself a martyr for the simple things you do. Hold back your tears as fake as the promises you make, they do not work on me. I am disgusted by your show of weakness. Wipe your streaked face and stand tall, be strong and do what you know is expected and right. Your purpose is clear. So if you feign such arrogant strength for those you strive to impress, maybe you should try it out for me. Be the man you pretend so hard to be. Become the image you portray and stop this foolishness. Repulsive to see a grown man babble so....

© 2008 Mr Whiskers


Author's Note

Mr Whiskers
I dont hold it against men who cry, just the ones who cry on command to get out of their own bullshit lies and bad choices.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, are you sure you're only 20 ? If so you must be an old soul. You have clarity in thought and a gift for seeing right through to one's intentions don't you? Sight? You are a gifted writer. "Pitch your thigh and squeeze out one last drop" Ouch, I almost feel bad for (Chad?) Your writing style reminds me of Hunter S. Thompson. I know what I'm doing this evening...experiencing death by dial-up. Great work!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 26, 2008
Last Updated on December 25, 2008

Author

Mr Whiskers
Mr Whiskers

New Albany, IN



About
I'm 22yrs old, a redheaded female living in southern Indiana. I have a 5yr old daughter Ellie and 3yr old daughter Emma, and my life is getting better now that I have returned to the Love of my life. .. more..

Writing