Unknown

Unknown

A Story by Courtney Mae
"

chapter one of my story about Jaycee a girl who goes away to college, hoping for a new outlook on life, but she gats so much more....Emmett.

"

Chapter 1. Looking Foreward

Average. I am the most average person out there, not kidding. Typical, thats a good word. Boring, maybe, loser, yes. Thats me Jaycee Smith, a regular girl from Minnesota, brown hair, green eyes, nothing spectacular. I'm not ugly, I'm not pretty. I'm one-hundred percent and completly average. 

    It's late August and my parents Robin and Carl (as I call them, not to their faces though.), are going insane. I am going to be a freshman in college this year and all Carl ever thinks and talks about are "boys and their bad intentions". My mom is insane in a completly different way. She wants to get everything ready for me. She wants to pick everything out. She says her college years were the best years of her life. She has told me absolutly disgusting and disturbing stories that I really didn't want to hear. You'd think that she was the one going away to college this year. At one point she talked about going back to college, but I completly stopped her from talking about that, it'd be to weird.But no it's me. All she talks about is how amazing and fun college was for her.

   You could call Robin a free spirit, that's how I think of her anyway. My Parents are really getting on my last nerve lately. I can't wait to be away from here. I love Carl and Robin to death but I truly can't take any more stories, or anymore "You get pregnant, I swear to God!"'s. I want to be the one who chooses what my life is going to be like. A journalist, I want to write for some big paper somewhere away from here. I wasn't going to let Robin and Carl pick apart my life anymore. Carl wanted me to be a doctor, and Robin thought I should be a scientist, I could never be those because I would probably kill the whole human race trying to be. I've never even had a boyfriend unless you count Casey Taylor, who I brought home 4 years ago when I was 14. We wern't dating , we were just buddies. Carl didn't believe us. So the "just friends" thing didn' stop him from telling Casey all the horrible things that he would do to him if he got me pregnant. I never saw Casey again, His family moved away. I hated Carl after that, I still don't like him all the time.

   Ever since then guys avoid me at almost any cost. Even strangers seem to avoid me, I don't understand why, maybe they can tell I have a ridiculusly over protective father. Its truly a curse. I would defiantly say I'm cursed. Other than being a natural guy repelent, I am the biggest cluts ever and I am a loser. I've only ever had two best friends. Bubba, my dog that ran away when I was six, and Karen Loner,who moved away when we were in the tenth grade. I miss Karen. She was always so fun and pretty, defiantly not average. She had blonde hair and bright, ice blue eyes, so big that there was hardly any white to them. Her father died and her mom remarried, and they were gone.

   College is going to be different. No parents, No drama. No annoying little sister.Yes, I have a twelve year old sister named Beckie, she's an awful brat. I love her but, I share a room with her and a person can only take so much Beckie in one day. I am so glad to get away.

  I heard Beckie screaming downstairs. "NO! I am going to Brandi's house tomarrow!". Robin cooly replied "No way kiddo your going to your Aunt Jane's while your father and I take Jay to her new school." I crept down the old stair case, pretending I hadn't heard them. " Oh, Jaycee, do you want breakfast?" Robin asked really quite smoothly. Beckie rolled her eyes and stormed off, pouting. "Huh? What? Um,okay." I hadn't relised I was leaving tomarrow. It hadn't quite hit me yet. I hadn't processed it. I had to  get settled in, and learn my way around the school, but wow...Already?!? "What do  you want?" Robin asked in a voice loud enough to get my attention. "What??" I asked confused. "Breakfast." she looked at me funny. "Oh, no thanks I'm not hungry." I replied honestly. She stared at me with an oh my God, are you serious look. She finally broke the silance and the stare by saying " So, big day tomarrow!" She told me more than asked. " Yep." I said almost completly out of the conversation. " I can't belive Its tomarrow already." I was completly astonished, unsure. I could hear Carl snoring in the other room. " Your growing up honey....the day befor I mov-" I interuppted her. "Mom seriously, enough, I'm getting inthe shower, later"

   I was off to the bathroom, trying to avoid another story. I pushed open the old door and walked in. I couldn't imagine leaving this house, now that I really was. I stood still in the shower until I relised I'd used all of the hot water. The cold shot at be like sharp, stinging knives. I almost screamed. I wrappedmyself in a faded green towel and crept into my room. I put on a white tank top and a black sweatsuit. I continued to pack  my bags for tomarrow. I looked around at the dark green bedroom, with a hard wood floor. I looked at the two twin sized beds against the wall, and the faded loveseat facing the small T.V. I would miss it all.

  

© 2008 Courtney Mae


Author's Note

Courtney Mae
Ignore grammar and spelling. Chapter two will be up soon , don't worry if this chapter bores you a little, I gets better when the Burg family comes into play!!!
Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm..the plot is interesting for sure.

Although you say to ignore the grammar, it is very hard. I won't go into further detail because you mentioned to ignore it, but if you want to talk about it just message me. :]

Keep up the great work!

Always,
-Aurelia Mirella

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hmm..the plot is interesting for sure.

Although you say to ignore the grammar, it is very hard. I won't go into further detail because you mentioned to ignore it, but if you want to talk about it just message me. :]

Keep up the great work!

Always,
-Aurelia Mirella

Posted 15 Years Ago


As shout out to Brandi!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 20, 2008

Author

Courtney Mae
Courtney Mae

Virginia, Mt. Iron, MN



About
My name is Courtney Mae Johnson, you can call me Courtney or Court it doesn' matter to me. I am not a professional and I don't really care about my stories looking that way, I just hope that they pull.. more..

Writing
Unknown Unknown

A Story by Courtney Mae


Unknown Unknown

A Story by Courtney Mae


Unknown Unknown

A Story by Courtney Mae