Bad Guys Finish Last

Bad Guys Finish Last

A Story by MsBonn
"

This story was a model for my students. Was teaching them how to write allegories using core values

"

BAD GUYS FINISH LAST

By Bonnie Davis

 

 It was a sunny day.  The birds were singing and spring was in the air.  The Positivity sisters were dressed in their best as they waited to board a train to Joyville for a family reunion.  They had been waiting for over a year to see all their aunts, uncles and distant cousins.  Grandpa Wisdom would be there to pick them up when they arrived in Joyville.

     Faith, Hope, and Compassion looked stunning dressed in their Sunday’s Best. All three were giddy with excitement just thinking about how much fun they were going to have with the entire family at the Positivity Family Reunion.

     “Now sisters when we get there, we are going to unpack our bags and then go help mother in the kitchen, then we’ll decorate...” Faith stopped Hope in mid-sentence. 

     “Hope, you are always planning everybody else’s future.” 

     “And you never say no.  Yes is your answer to everything,” Hope replied.

      “Well, I agree with both of you,” Compassion chimed in.

      “You would,” said Faith, “You always see everybody else’s side”.

     They all laughed and chattered on as they boarded the train that would take them home where happy memories would be created this weekend.  After giving the porter their tickets, they took their seats and began to talk about past reunions and about all the fun that they would have over the next few days.

     Miles away at Devil’s Canyon, Disrespect and Chaos packed their car as Apathy sat on the front porch, doing nothing, which was a usual thing.  The cousins were preparing for a road trip, to no particular destination, mind you.  They just wanted to get away. 

     “Get off your stupid butt and help us get this stuff in the car, you stupid fool,” Disrespect said to Apathy, “because of you we are already late getting on the road”.

      “I don’t care”, said Apathy. 

     “You never care” said Chaos, as he ran around the yard and through his mother’s flower bed, ruining all the roses she had just planted during the morning.

     After the supplies were packed in the car, Disrespect slapped his mother, (that was his way of saying hello and goodbye), Chaos dumped the trash can in the yard, Apathy shrugged his shoulders, and they piled in the car with Disrespect taking his place behind the wheel.

      “Which direction should we go?”  he asked his cousins.

      “I don’t care,” groaned Apathy, who really didn’t want to leave town anyway. But he was tired of his brother, Indecision asking him questions all day every day about things that really didn’t matter.  That boy could never make his mind up and Apathy needed a break from him. So here he was, going nowhere with his cousins. 

     “Yall are pains in the butt, just drive,” Chaos told Disrespect.  And that’s just what he did.  He disregarded every stop sign and traffic sign, and forgot all the rules of the road.  That’s just how he was.

     They drove for miles and miles until Disrespect noticed they needed to stop for gas. Chaos didn’t want to stop and started an argument. Apathy sat in the back seat gazing out of the window, oblivious to the shouting and punches being exchanged by his cousins.  They had pulled off the highway and were riding through a small quiet town.  Just as the car settled atop of some railroad tracks, Chaos snatched the keys from the ignition and threw them out the window.  As Disrespect threw insult after insult at him, Chaos reached in the glove compartment and threw everything he could get his hands on out of the window.  He reached in the back seat and began to throw out all of the food and supplies they had packed. 

     Chaos got out of the car and jerked the trunk open, discarding every item in it he found.

     “You are just doing this because you are mad and jealous that my job is more important than your, you butt-brain.”, said Disrespect as he left the driver’s side of the car and followed his cousin to the trunk, trying to prevent him from damaging any more of their things.

      “Jealous of you?  Why should I be jealous of you and your little funky job?  All you do is insult people all day.  I create excitement.  You are sooooo boring!”

     Before Disrespect could reply, they heard a very loud horn, and they both looked up and saw a train speeding in their direction. Disrespect began to shout obscenities at the train, while Chaos continued to argue and throw their belongings onto the ground. Disrespect jumped back in the car and tried to move it from the train tacks but the car wouldn’t start. 

     “Hey idiots, we’re outta gas” he shouted.

     “I don’t care” said Apathy.  Disrespect got out of the car again and started arguing with Chaos.  As the train blew its horn again, they realized that the train has getting closer. They ran to opposite sides of the car and began yelling  for Apathy for get out of the car. He kept yelling back at them that he didn’t care. 

     Disrespect stood on the tracks facing the train and began yelling curse words but it wouldn’t stop.  Chaos picked up everything in his path and hurled the items at the train but it wouldn’t stop.  They yelled at their cousin one last time to get out of the car, and he yelled back at them one last time that he didn’t care.  Disrespect and Chaos jumped from the tracks as the train sped straight for their car.  The conductor tried to put on the emergency brake but it was too late.  The train collided with the car and drug it down the tracks before coming to a stop.  Apathy died instantly.  Disrespect insulted him for dying in his daddy’s car.  Chaos ran and boarded the train to see what he could get into.

     On the train, Compassion went around checking the other passengers to make sure no one was injured. Hope assured everyone that everything was ok and that they would all be alright. Faith, already knowing that everybody and everything was alright (because that was just her nature) went along, too.

     Chaos, who seemed unconcerned that his cousin had just died and his uncle’s car was destroyed, entered every car he could, and either started an argument or made the passengers cry.  He made his way to a car where Joy sat with his family, looking out of the window. Chaos robbed Joy and his family members of all of their possessions. Joy laughed until he couldn’t laugh anymore. Chaos thought to himself, “man, dude is crazy”, shook his head and left.  By this time, Disrespect had boarded the train and had started walking from compartment to compartment cursing and insulting every passenger in his path.

     Compassion tried to talk to the cousins about their ways and how to make a change in their lives, but they refused to listen.  Integrity, who had been in the compartment next to Joy, used his cell phone to call the police. He was disgusted by their behavior and had had enough.  Within minutes of that call, Lt. Truth rode up on his white horse, Justice.  Justice trampled Chaos with his hooves because he could not see him and Lt.  Truth was busy dealing with Disrespect.  He handcuffed Disrespect and took him off to jail.

     “Son,” he said to Disrespect, “this is gonna hurt you much worse than it’s gonna hurt me”.

     Meanwhile, Chaos lay dying from the multiple injuries to his body.  He should have gotten up, (Everybody knew that Justice was blind).  

     The Positivity sisters were transported to the county hospital for observation.  A little later they were reunited with their mother Empathy, (who had a headache because she felt the pain of all the parties involved), and their father, Chief Optimism who took them away to Joyville, where the rest of their family and friends greeted them with great love and fanfare.

     

    

© 2012 MsBonn


Author's Note

MsBonn
Still editing. All serious feedback welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on September 14, 2012
Last Updated on September 14, 2012