I Will Love You for Always

I Will Love You for Always

A Poem by Serendipity
"

I look at you and your lips move, �I love you for always�, I read from them.

"

Excitement is in the air.  Everyone is cheerful.  Everyone is anxious.

I am in a beautiful white dress ready and waiting for the moment.

I must be the only person who is not happy on a day like this.

We walk to the car and drive off to where I know you are waiting.

 

I am early; I don’t want to be early.  I don’t even want to be here.  

I here people mumbling “Here comes the bride” and “She looks radiant”. 

My heart is pounding.  I want to runaway but I am somehow pushed in.

In the chapel, the music starts, there is no where to go but forward.

 

I see you at the front; you look so handsome in your black tux. 

The first time when we were together, we were lovesick teenagers.

Now we are adults, longing and in love with one another.

No matter what has happened in our lives we are be happy for each other.

 

The music stops, the preacher begins.  We look at each other and smile.

Our smiles are not sincere; there is pain in our eyes.  Sadness in our hearts.

Just yesterday we laid on the grass at “our spot” and said our “I love you’s”.

You held me in your arms and promised to love me for always. 

 

“If any one can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together.”

Me, I object.  This is not correct, we love each other, this is not correct.

I hear the preacher say “Do you take as your lawful wedded wife”.

You hesitate, maybe you will say no.  But you say yes as you stab me in the heart.

 

I hear the preacher say “Do you take as your lawful wedded husband”.

I have to say No, it is the correct thing to do.  This is not how it is suppose to be.

My mind says NO. My heart says NO. But the words come out “Yes”. 

Yes, yes?  I repeat the words in my mind over and over.  I’m confused.

 

Before I know it I hear the dreaded words, “You may kiss the bride”. 

I close my eyes; I can feel the kiss, very gentle and delicate. 

How could we let this happen?  We should have stopped it. 

There is nothing that we can do now, it is over. 

 

Tears had been running down my face and now I am crying. 

Everyone is emotional, some are clapping others crying tears of joy. 

Mine are tears of sadness. I turn around to face all these people.

I look at you and your lips move, “I love you for always”, I read from them. 

 

I no longer believe you, if you loved me this would have never happened.

If you truly loved me you would have stopped this; this farce.

Everyone is cheering, waiting for the happy couple to walk out.

You walk out the chapel, smiling with your new bride at your side.

 

We walk out; my heart in your hands, I am empty inside. 

I stand next to you; I look at you, hug you tight and kiss your cheek. 

I begin crying again, you wipe the tears from my eyes and again repeat,

“I love you for always”, I look into your eyes, and smile.  

 

I begin to walk away and you grab my arm “Tonight we will be together”.

“No, tonight you will be with your wife.  Always you will be with your wife.

Tonight you will make love to her the same way you made love to me yesterday.

From now on and for always she will be the one and I will be but a distant memory.”

 

Good bye my love, I will love you for always!  I mumble as I walk away.

 

July 12, 2007

 

© 2008 Serendipity


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Mrs. V... I don't profess to be an expert in poetry & prose...but I read your poem and by the beginning of the 4th stanza I was reading it through tearfilled eyes. I'm not sure what is really the muse behind this poem but you certainly captured my heart with your words. I was disappointed when I got to the end because it was over. I wanted to know more about her heartbreak. I truly enjoyed your writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That is so incredably sad... I totally feel you here.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Great story! Unrequited love. and wanting something you can't have. Good job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow. That is so heartbreaking. The eternal punishment of loving a man you know you can never have. I love this piece and I love the twist at the end. There are a couple of spelling errors so you might want to run through it again, but overall, a beautiful and touching story. I don't usually read poetry but thanks for sending me this one. ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Oh.........I .....mmmmm.....WOW. What can I say, I'm stummped. You had me here with this brilliant write. A great piece!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was incredibly catching. Pulled me in and I wanted to know more. More about these characters and about why she is so sad. Wonderful job. Not easy to catch my attention so thoroughly, but you did it.

XXOXX

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Mrs. V... I don't profess to be an expert in poetry & prose...but I read your poem and by the beginning of the 4th stanza I was reading it through tearfilled eyes. I'm not sure what is really the muse behind this poem but you certainly captured my heart with your words. I was disappointed when I got to the end because it was over. I wanted to know more about her heartbreak. I truly enjoyed your writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Serendipity
Serendipity

Sunny, CA



About
What we do...A Poem by Erotic Goddess ** i am just a girl who LOVES to WRITE ** ** ** Love Starts with a Smile, Grows with a Kiss, & Ends with a Tear. ** .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Doubt Doubt

A Poem by Tania Leigh