Legend

Legend

A Story by Mugi_the_Fireman
"

A boy with powers has to help save the world, and do so with his rough, tragic past. He has no idea what life has in store for him left.

"

                          Chapter 1

Time moves slow in class 128. More specifically for 17 year old Mugi. He stares out the window, waiting for history class to be over. He stares the the battle-royal alien ship in the sky. This ship was big. It was 11 miles in length, 14 miles wide, and 6 miles tall. It looked like an alligators rib cage. He doesn’t want to be in class. He aspires a different dream. To attend Extraterrestrial Training Academy (ETA) for short. A school for the Extraterrestrial-Gifted, or their alien given name, Legend.

Bell rings. Class is over. The weekend is here. Mugi’s school has roughly 500 kids, none are his friend or acquaintance for that matter. So instead of walking down the halls of people he doesn’t like, he crosses the hall to Mr. Kits’ room.

“Using the window again?”, that’s how Mr. Kits greets him as he enters. He was stackling papers with his back to the door, “ You do have the weirdest habits.” He slowly turns to the door, spinning on his heel.

Mugi’s lifeless brown eyes glance at the newly stacked papers as he made his way to the window. The top paper said Mike Dougly, C-. Mugi opened the window and put his hand to the top part of the opening.  “It’s only a hundred foot drop. If I land on that sloped hill I’ll sprain something. I’ve done worse.”

Before Mr. Kits could answer Mugi lept from window. From there Mugi was in charge. He landed on a tin can flattening it. His landing barley made him bend his knees. Walking north towards the beat down, slightly collapsing house. He stopped and waited for a few minutes. He heard footsteps. He turns and sees 3 boys. Mike Dougly leading the trio.

“You’re late”, Mugi stands up straight watching the boys.

Mike stopped around 3 yards from where Mugi is standing. “Well if it isn’t the lonely b***h. Walking home again I see?” He raised his arms like God does in pictures, just to look intimidating.

“Yeah”, Mugi said unphased, “Didn’t I do that to your nose?”. Mugi pointed using his middle finger to the bandage on his nose.

“Enough talk.” Mike and his two minions who have been whispering things in the back lept at him.

“Idiots don’t talk much when they can use their hands instead” mumbled Mugi.

Mugi waited until the got very close before he did anything. For the boy on the left he punched him in no man’s land, for Mike he sucker punched him in the throat. The last boy stopped about a foot from Mugi. “Son, just don’t”, that’s all Mugi said. This last boy slowly got on the ground acting like he got hit. The fight was over. And Mugi left. The boys started shouting things, Mugi ignored them since he didn’t care.

“F**k you E.T.!!” called Mike. Mugi stopped for a second glanced back then continued his walk towards the woods in the distance.

Mugi walked towards the woods about 100 yards from the fight. As he entered, a girl about his age walked in about some distance to the left. Keeping a distance he wondered, constantly keeping tabs on her. Mugi stopped and looked down the man made cliff. Glancing in the girls direction, he sees a familiar creature tailing her. His arm hairs suddenly stand on end, his eyes grow wide, and he rolls his feet to the edge of the cliff and leaps straight at her. Flying instead of a predicted 8 feet, he flies about 300 perfectly to her location. As he lands he punches the ground and kneels sliding back a few feet.

“Impressive E.T.” she said, his sudden appearance did startle her, “Stalking me?” The expression ‘I don’t care’ was written all over her face.

        “Yeah, no... well I’m trying to save you”. He points to an odd looking creature lumbering towards them.

The creature was ugly, very ugly. It had pimple sized bumps all over its mustard brown skin. Two stumpy feet carried it along, dragging two large hands, big enough to crush half a flight of stairs. It had no head. Two sharp cornered ovals located at the shoulders served as eyes. A mouth full of random shaped teeth snarled with a black tongue. It was about the size of a great dane. But as it raised its lumberjack-like arms, it looked like a massive beast.

“You might want to stand back”, Mugi gestured to the girl. She backed away not taking her eyes of this beast.

Scared half to death she muttered, “A Dorn…. It’s a f*****g Dorn!”.

Before Mugi could say anything the dorn slapped him a good 50 feet off his feet into the sky. He twirled and from dead center in the air shot towards the beast. Aiming the beast with his arms making a X gesture. But the dorn caught him and threw him again.

He lands on his feet. Mugi glances up then smirks. Someone else is watching. “Looks like I have an audience”. He extends his right arm, making it look like he just punched someone. Then he turns over his hand and opens it, making it looks he has claws for fingers. A small flicker rises from his palm. It suddenly grew into a large fireball. His left reaches inches above it then clasp the right hand, packing down the flame like a snowball. When he opens his hand, a glowing rock-like flame is all that remains. He points to the girl, “You might wanna stand pretty far back”. In one sudden motion he chucks it at the dorn making a large red explosion of fire. The dorn was burned to a crisp and charred body remained.

The girl slowly walks towards it. She then turns and speaks quietly, “The legends are true. You’re really him... The City Burner….”

Ignoring the remark he looks at body. “You could’ve just sent an email”. He looks up. A dark rust colored being sat on a large branch. One foot dangling and the other bent with his elbow resting on the knee. His mouth covered in natural grown bandages. Large horns rest on his head and shoulders. From his hips was what looked a cape for hips. He watched everything. “That’s Decimator”, he looked at the girl and gestured to the being in the tree “Decimator, get down here”.

The girl runs and hides behind Mugi. “That’s Decimator…”.

“Yeah. I just said that.”, he turned and stared at her in disbelief.

“Leader of the Seered alien army…”, Her voiced trailed off.

Almost like a snake decimator slide off the branch and in front of the girl. “So, you have found a mate I see?”

“I have a name...”, she muttered.

“I told you that’s not how it works. That’s not how humans work.” Mugi said in a familiar tone.

“Us Seered’s work that way” Decimator said still staring at the girl.

        “It’s Anna…” she realized no one was listening.

“I don’t know her. Can you leave? I don’t like you”

“ETA is enrolling kids. You should go”, and with that Decimator flew into the sky towards the large ship.

“What was the point of that? A*****e” muttered Mugi. He turned to Anna. “Sorry about that. Stuff. You good? Because I know what comes next and it’s annoying. So bye”.

Her jaw dropped. “You’re him. You’re really him…”. Anna continued to talk as Mugi’s feet and hands came ablaze. He flew off back to the city, alone.

At his place, a garage given to him by the government, he pulled out his laptop and looked up Extraterrestrial Training Academy. The title on the home page read ‘Enroll now for a chance to save humanity’. The paragraph under read ‘Are you extraterrestrial-gifted? If so enroll for your chance to rise up and fight the Seered. Caution: ETA is not responsible for injury or death of a student.’ “Comforting...” He adjusted his seat. Within a few minutes he had enrolled. Saturday, May 12, 3:00 P.M., his test was set.

With that done Mugi closed his laptop turned off the light and fell asleep on his bed.

Chapter 2

Big silver doors greeted Mugi outside ETA. He felt sluggish, he slept in around 2:30 and he hadn’t eaten yet. People noticed him and whispers spread. He opened the left door and walked in. The room he entered was full of paper and a desk with three women.

“Hi, welcome to ETA” the women in the middle greeted him, “name please”.

Tilting his face and moving his jaw a bit, looking almost annoyed, he spoke his name. “Mugi…Mugi Hagan.”

“Oh…. “ she said almost in fear, “well please put your name tag on and do your best” Her face ran pale.

“Yeah” he mumbled keeping eye contact with her and placed his tag on his right bosom. He still looked annoyed. As he turned some voices started to argue, one of which he recognized. Looking back it was Anna.

“I’m with him. I’m his specter” Anna’s eyes met Mugi’s. The man glanced at Mugi for reassurance. Specters watch over the person being enrolled. Clicking his teeth and tilting his head down for a moment, Mugi nodded allowing Anna to pass. They both entered the large room full of about 300 people. Mugi spotted area with a small amount of people and a large sitting area. He casually walked over leaving Anna. “Wait for me” she called pushing a man with gills to the side. “It’s like you don’t like me. Lighten up”.

“Well I don’t. How’d you find me?” He walked almost slumped.

“Rude. Decimator said you should enter so I waited to see if you showed up. What you did yesterday amazed me”. She was short enough for Mugi to look completely look over her but had a serious, curious tone in her voice.

“And why you following me?”

“You’re…interesting” she sounded as if she didn’t know what to say next so she kept quiet.

“I killed a dorn big deal”, almost immediately after he sat the loud speaker made a few announcements concerning drugs and alcohol use.

“Now round 1 of enrollment, Mugi Hagan please report to field 12.” The speaker was very loud. Louder than most.

“Anna, let’s go. Don’t annoy me.”

“Wasn’t gonna b***h” she said in a sassy tone. Mugi whirled around raising an eyebrow. “Sorry…”.

“You’re too easy” he smirked. That was the first time he laughed with Anna.

Walking down a few halls they arrived to field 12. An instructor stood on a podium and introduce Mugi to the spectators and people waiting for their enrollment chance. The field was more like a court. A massive rectangular line was the barrier. The rules where simple, beat multiple instructors 1v1 until you lose. The more wins increases the chance of being accepted. The instructor asked Mugi to explain his gift to the crowd.

“Finally I get to see what he can do. For real this time.” Anna was getting pumped. Mugi noticed but brushed it off.

“I am Mugi Hagan,” He spoke loud and with a proud tone. He placed his clenched fist on his chest. “My gift is heat. I can control everything from ice to fire, but my bones are weak to the ice and causes severe damage, therefore I use strictly fire in combat.” And that was that. They began to setup and move to their places.

He made his way to the right side of the field, the instructor moved to the left. A large bell sounded, indicating the round has started. The instructor leapt at him, with rock floating around them. Their gift must have been the power to control rocks or earth. As they got close Mugi moved swiftly, grabbing the back of their shirt throwing them out of the ring. It was over as soon as it started. Moments later a new challenger appears. That fight ended so quickly you couldn’t tell what their gift was. This went on,  47 instructors lost instantly.

“That’s enough” called a large man wearing a large snowboarding jacket. This man was famous among town, for he went toe to toe with Mugi a year ago. “If he beats me, he is instantly enrolled. No matter what has already guaranteed a position.” This man stepped onto the stage and took of his jacket.

“Stark… I see you’re still black”, A friendly banter Mugi handed out.

“You’re black too. Let’s end this quickly” Stark’s serious emotion did not change.

Stark ended the conversation there by touching the floor. Thin spines grew out of his back and his hands turned into large shovel-like appendages. Mugi tilted his head down slightly and created an explosion at his heels. Midair he breathed on his fist, engulfing it in flames. Stark raised his arms to block the punch. As Mugi’s hand collided into stark, a large explosion came in between them. Sending Mugi flying back, he had to shoot jet-like flames at his hands to slow himself down. Stark was flown out of the field into a wall. At this point most of the spectators left but those who remained booed Mugi’s victory.  

“E.T.! E.T.!” the crowd began to shout.

Anna was amazed. Her jaw dropped and she just stared at the victor. Realizing the fight was over she left the stands and greeted Mugi on the field. “They love you! And you’re part of ETA!”. Her excitement was ended quickly by a cold stare.

Parting his lips he lead his head next to her ear and said this, “They don’t love me. They love the idea of me. To them, I’m an expendable object with a past. Nothing more. They don’t love me.”

Chapter 3

“Mugi” Stark came jogging over to Mugi and Anna as they left the field. “It’s good to see you’re here. Just-“ his compassionate voice was met by a loud yell. “She found you…”.

“Mugi you son of b***h where are you?!”, a girl roughly Mugi’s height came stomping over. “What took you so long?” she had brown hair with sky blue tips. The hidden under side of her hair was violet. She had a small round face and was wear a thin sports bra on top.

“Hi, Sam… I’ve been busy” He seemed embarrassed. “This is my specter, Anna.”

Sam seemed very cocky. “So you just show up?, because…?”

“Can she be here for this?” he pointed at Anna using a concerned face.

“Yeah… well Glock’s new rule is if a student get enrolled with a specter, the specter is enrolled too…” speaking like his didn’t change the expression on her face.

He sighed and placed his thumb and index finger on his nose. He looked tired from everything. “Decimator’s up to something, he told me to enroll. He also sent a dorn after Anna.”

Stark intervened. “Were doing a investigation mission next month. Do you wanna go?” he had his hand on his jaw. He wore a black tight shirt. His brown hair spiked up. He has a very pointed and bold jaw line. Anna kept glancing at his wrist that a embedded jewel looking object that glowed green. “We could use your intel. This is major step for everyone now. We may have an advantage.”

“Do I get a room?” He tilted his face and moved jaw a bit. He was annoyed. “I wanna sleep”.

“It’s good having my brother back”. She calmed down and looked sincere. She handed Mugi and Anna a card telling them their dorm numbers. 216 for Anna and 217 for Mugi. “We’ll talk tomorrow.” Sam left. She looked a little mad.

“Anna”, Mugi said, “Let’s dip”. Before he could answer he was already walking away.

Walking upstairs to a extension that couldn’t be seen from the entrance of ETA ,was the living quarters, which looked like a normal hotel. Anna hadn’t taken the time to really get a good look of Mugi. He was the average height of a normal man, he had slender shoulders but thin, tight muscular arms. He had what you could call almost a afro, but it was kinda small. He had a very bold jaw and small nose. Anna followed Mugi to his door. Without looking he pointed next door to hers indicating it’s hers.

“Wait…” Anna seemed nervous about what she was going to say next.

“Mm”, he was putting his card into a slot on his door to unlock it.

“Can I get a run-down?...”

“Of?”, he turned, slightly interested.  

She was fidgeting her hands, “Of you and Decimator?... and everything”.

The only indication of yes or no was him stepping aside guiding his arm into his room, inviting her. “I’m only doing this since I kinda like you”.

They both walked in. The room had a terrace, large living space with a tv set, his room had alot of dumbells in it. He liked it. In front of the couch was a tv. He started to speak as he walked over, wasting no time.

“Before I met Decimator, life was good. I was four and a half. Decimator’s ship or army was never on my mind. No one thought he would attack, not since his so called ‘debut’. I’m asked alot why this happened and I still don’t know. You probably don’t remember but he told the world he wants 37 human children to become his gladiators. Anyone under the age of seven was vulnerable. My father said anyone could be picked but me and Sam went into hiding. I was picked. We hid in a large building, but we were found. A meeger was sent to find me. The meeger ripped chunks out of the building to find me. It caused the supports to fail. Me, Sam, and dad fell. The meeger caught me and took off. I didn’t see them for a decade.’

‘I was put into gladiatorial trials. He gave us all an ability, mine as you know is heat. We had no one teach us how to fight. We just fought. For years this was our reality, fighting for his amusement almost everyday. If fights got too dangerous or something he didn’t like about it was happening, he would intervene and make us stop. I never found out why. Kids died, many changed. At age 13, me and three other kids was the remainder of the original 37. He gave us an option, to stay or leave. I was the only one that chose to leave. He was sad, not because of my choice, but because we had a special connection. When I got back I found out when the meeger attacked the building, Sam lived but my dad died instantly.”

Anna was quiet, taking in his life story. She mustered up the might to ask him a private question, “What happened in Chicago?”

Mugi sniffed and brushed the underside of his nose the top of his hand. “I think it happened when I was around thirteen. He came to the last seven of us and said he wanted to go on a field trip, to Chicago. This was just after he made claims about war pending. But we went anyways. He told us if we valued our lives, to burn and decimate the city. This is why he chose the name Decimator. To murder in the masses. Everyone else either had abilities to run fast, control over roots, or could create sonic booms. But I could create fire and make explosions. That’s why when I left him, the world rejected me. I did more than anyone else in Chicago. You get the picture. Think of it this way. When a race car driver wins a race, no thinks that without his crew, there is no car, fuel, or race to enter. He is the center of it all, but the crew makes the whole thing come together. When he wins, he gets all the glory. I was the driver in Chicago. Anything else?”. His attitude was calmer, more relaxed.

Anna gulped. “No….”.

Mugi stood up and walked to the small looking kitchen next to his room. “I’m gonna make something to eat. Want anything?”. Anna was staring off. “Anna?”.

She came back to reality. “Huh?” she said suddenly paying attention.

“Do you want anything to eat?”. She fumbled the courage to say yes. Mugi turned and starting telling her what little prepared food he could find. “Anna, not all stories have a happy beginning, middle, or end. It’s better to know that now then later.”.

“Why is that?”. She was puzzled at this almost random comment.

Mugi was holding a can. “Because he’s coming.”.

“Who?”.

He turned and look at Anna. “Borok”.

“Borok?”

“Are you familiar with chess?”.

“Yeah”, she was confused on where this conversation was going.

“What’s one of the most dangerous and valuable pieces?”. He had a serious look on his face.

“The queen?”. She was lost.

“Good. Imagine Decimator is the queen. Borok is the king, but he can go anywhere and break all the rules of this game. He choose where he wants to go, rearranges the board to his pleasing. Decimator is nothing compared to him.”. He was looking at Anna. Her head was resting on the couch. Her blonde hair covering one eye. But her face read pure terror.

“There’s someone stronger than Decimator?... You’ve got to be kidding.”. Her voice was shaky and uneasy. She was very scared of this coming evil.

“Yeah. I’ve never met him but Decimator praises him. Decimator is Borok’s pupil. Borok has ability of dark matter, which has rumours to levels cities and mountains.”

“Where is he now?”.

“He’s outside our solar system that’s all I know.”.

“Mugi…”.

“Mm”. He was now making something in a pot.

“Can I stay on your couch tonight? I’m kinda scared now.”.

“Hell-”. He turned and saw how frightened she was. “If you don’t bother me and keep the tv down, yes”.

It was silent until the food Mugi made was done. Anna broke the silence again. “How are we gonna kill Decimator?”.

“I will. It has to be me.”.

Anna tilted her head. “Why?”.

“Because I’m the only one who can. Now eat”.

“One more question”.

He had his arms crossed and sighed. “Fine”.

“What’s Decimator’s ability?”.

His eyes widened slightly. The look of amazement and terror crept on his face. “He shoots some sort of green energy. But if I fought him in the desert right now I could kill him. But he becomes stronger the more people are around him. In the ship there are roughly 134,00 beings, and 728,000 below him. Not even a nuke could kill him where he stands right now.”. He looked at the terrace, “This war, something’s off.”.













Chapter 4

“Welcome cadets”, Sam called. Today was the first day of training. “Today we are heading out to Canyon's Rift, an area full of dorns. Prep up if ya need to. We head out in 20 minutes”.

“I didn’t get enough sleep”, Anna moaned. She was practically leaning on Mugi’s shoulder.

“It’s only eight.”, Mugi was scanning the room. The room was one of the battle fields he used to enroll. It was full of almost 25 new students like himself. Most glancing back at him. “We should talk to these people.”.

“Why?”, Anna was watching Stark enter the room.

“It’s good to know what your allies are capable of.”. Before Anna could revoke his idea he walked over to a girl with white hair. He stuck his arm out “Mugi Hagan. Nice to make your acquaintance.”

She wasn’t facing him completely but looked in his direction. “Why you so social? It’s pretty obvious no one wants to talk to you.”. She had a normal sized head but a strong jawline. Her left nostril had a piercing in it. The way she spoke proved she didn’t about how she used grammer when she spoke.

“Kinda got that message day one. Just trying to do something I guess.” He retracted his hand and placed it on his hip.

“That is?”, she had an impatient tone to her voice.

“I dunno. What’s your ability?”. He wasn’t backing down.

“Since you asked it’s dimension cutting.”

“Sounds interesting. What exactly does that mean?”. He was finally getting somewhere.

She sighed. “It means I can create portal to other dimensions but I’m learning on how far away I need to put it.” She stuck her arm out. “I can move it in a direction but if you want it five feet away might end up around thirty.”

“Not gonna lie sounds pretty cool.”. He was very impressed with this ability.

She walked away waving her hand above her head. “Adios”.

The rest of the time was hard. No one wanted talk. People just ignored him. The drive down to Canyon’s Rift was horrible too. Mugi got partnered with a kid who was Mugi fanboy. Mugi was not at all interested in this kid. When the bus stopped, they had to walk in silence for a few miles to creep up on the dorn den.

“OK cadets you ready?”, Sam whispered pretty loud even though everyone was listening. “These can be killed with simple martial art techniques, so everyone with a combat skill or long distance skill, go on in.”

“Shouldn’t ya know...teach us first? Or at least have plan in mind?”, Mugi seemed like the only person concerned.

“Hey E.T.”, the blonde boy was calling him. “Shut the f**k up”.

Mugi leaned back on the tree behind him watching the boy then turned to Sam. “People are gonna die”. He placed his hand on his stomach.

The den Sam referred to was more of hole in a rocky cliff. The cave or den wasn’t very big. Enough to support around 50 dorns. A boy with blonde hair jumped in first, using lightning as a battle technique. A few more kids jumped in. Mugi watched as a few minutes passed. Then he felt two massive beings approaching.

“Sam we have to go!”. He ran to Sam trying to warn her. “I feel two meegers and something small coming.”.

“Where fine.” She watched intently as the other students fought.

Mugi looked in the direction of the coming threat. “Sam….” He touched the top of her head and pointed it in the direction where he was looking.

“F**k” ,Sam ran after the kids. “Everyone get to Mugi. Me and Stark will handle it.” Stark was chasing her, his back growing larger, his hands became claws. His muscular grew into a large mass. He looked like a story tall armadillo that stood on two legs. Kids ran towards Mugi.

“I can handle one.” Mugi shouted.

“I said we got this.” Sam stood facing one of the beast even though she never said anything about him not being able to fight one. This beast was big. Roughty fifteen stories high and had a flat face. It has a long, muscular tail. The sides of the face had two large horns that faced the front like arms. These horns could bend and would grab things like sides of buildings during attacks. The shoulders had a large disk on them that would fire plasmic-like blast. The underside had a similar disk that also fired a plasmic-like blast. These beats where very dangerous and have been known to decimate cities on their own. And they could do a full sprint faster than some of the fastest cars on the planet. They have two lion-like legs in the front and two odd legs in the back. The rear legs had large orange glowing muscles that served as calves. The rest of the body was that of a dorn, mustard brown.

Mugi watched as his sister using her gift. She can manipulate rocks roughly the size of a grapefruit to a car. She sent small spindles of stone towards the beast. Stark  went and cut its ankles. He stuck his claws into the beast and started to climb. The meeger tried to step on Sam but a bolt of lightning stopped. The blonde hair boy came walking slowly over, many kids did the same. Mugi joined but the blonde hair boy shot him and called him ‘E.T’.

Other kids joined. Mugi ran in again but the blonde boy and another kid stopped him. “Walk over here or try to act like a hero again and I’ll kill you and your little friend”.

The annoying fanboy came running over with leaves coming out of his shoulders. “Guys c’mon! Don’t fight! Help us-”. He was cut off. The dorns massive leg stomped on him, killing him instantly. Mugi watched as more kids got hit by blast from its shoulders and crushed. One exploded next Mugi sending him flying into a tree then falling down a bit.

Anna came running over. “We gotta hide!”. She grabbed him by his armpits in effort to drag him or pick him up.

He looked over his shoulder closing one eye. “Not gonna lie, I totally forgot you were here.”. Just as he said that the meeger fell over. Dead, torn, and slightly charred. Stark burrowed out of its skull and blue puss covered the cliff bottom. “Gross”. He must burrowed inside and killed from within.

Kids started cheering and dancing. But they noticed the second meeger watching them, with a eerie grin across its face. Mugi looked around. He counted. 7 of the 25 students were dead, most were injured. The meeger didn’t put up much of a fight and second looked like it wanted to kill. Mugi stood and spoke “I’m ending this here.”.

The blonde hair boy spoke, he was exhausted, “You can’t beat that alone. No matter how powerful you are.”

Mugi extended his arm towards the remaining meeger. “Watch me”.

“If you’re trying to outdo me, you’re wrong”. He was scared but taunting Mugi. “It wall take a couple of blast even form you to dent it.” The boy grinned. “P***y boy”.

Without ever looking at the boy he created a small blue flame in his hand. Then his simply chucked it. When he chucked the flame, a gust of wind blew by. The gust of wind wasn’t natural, it was created by how fast Mugi moved his arm. The flame hit the meeger in its flat forehead. It exploded and created a large blue explosion. The meegers face was engulfed by smoke. The beast fell forwards, exposing the damage done to the creatures face. Mugi blew a massive hole in its face, about 30 feet wide. The meeger died on impact. Mugi turned to the boy, “P***y boy was it?”.

“Impossible…”, the boy fell back on his rear end.

Mugi looked at Sam. “Call rescue and let’s get out of here.”.

“Impressive”, a voice called. Everyone turned and looked at someone resting on a rock pile. It was Decimator. “You weren’t able to do that last time”. He applauded Mugi’s performance.

“You f****n’ b*****d! You killed innocent children!” Mugi’s arms came ablaze. He had the intent to kill written on his face and in his voice.

“Not my finest hour I’ll admit that.”, he tilted his head the the dead fanboy.

“I should kill you here”. The ground around him began to emit a small amount of smoke.

“You won’t but I will”. The blonde boy had gotten back up and lighting bolts crawled all over his body.

“You don’t wanna do this.” Mugi turned and put his right hand out to stop him.

“What are you gonna do? Stop me?”.

“If I have to”. These two were now in a staredown.

“Actually I would like to see him try”. Decimator walked over. Mugi stopped him early by shoot a large flame at him.

“You’re right” the blonde boys opinion on the subject suddenly changed. He placed his hand on Mugi’s shoulder. “Let’s see what I can do.”. He let a large bolt of electricity fly into Mugi’s shoulder, making Mugi cripple up and fall over. “Now prepare to die!”.

He jumped high and shot a large bolt of lighting at him. Probably the biggest bolt anyone would see again in their lives. When he landed, he fell on one knee. He was visually beat and exhausted. Before he could look up he found himself dangling by his neck. Decimator had him. One hand supporting the boy by his neck and the other picking the hole in the side of his head serving as an ear. The powerful attack did nothing to his opponent. “Sad”, he scolded the dangling boy. “I was looking for a challenge.”

“Stop”, Mugi was back on his feet but most of his veins were visible. “You want a fight right? Fight me.” Me breathe was heavy.

“On one condition.” He dropped the boy but kicked him mid fall. The boy flew into the cave. “Try as hard as you can to kill me”, he had now folded his hands behind his back, “Even if it kills you”.

Mugi stood up straight. “Sam, I don’t need help. Get everyone out of here.”. He charged at Decimator and was knocked into the forest. Decimator followed.

“You guys heard him. Help the wounded, leave the dead, we’ll come back for them”. Sam wasn’t playing around anymore.

Anna approached her. “Mugi’s gonna be ok, right?”. Sam parted her lips as if she was going to say something, but said nothing.



A few moments passed before Decimator spoke. “Bold move”. Decimator tilted his head down a bit, making it look like half a nod. “Looks like you’re gonna play hero.”.


Mugi glanced at the kids running. He leapt at Decimator. Decimator ran towards him. Mugi shot a right hook at Decimator’s head. Decimator moved head slightly left, only to have Mugi grab the back of his neck and headbutt him. Decimator gut punched him. Mugi spat on the ground and looked up, his face fixated on Decimator. These two swung hard at each other fist colliding, it sounded like a gunshot.

The blonde boy heard this battle going on. He was trailing behind the group. He stopped running and looked back. “He can’t take him on alone. He’s no one man army.”. That sentence concluded his conversation. He turned around and ran towards the battle. After wondering for a minute or two he found them. What he saw left him dumbfounded. Mugi swung at Decimator and missed. The force of his punch alone made a violent breeze pass by. “He’s…..Amazing!”, he whispered.


Decimator suddenly stopped fighting. “I propose an idea.”.


“That is?”. Mugi stood with one hand close to the forest floor and one twisted, raised high behind him.

“This”. He fired a quick energy shot at Mugi. Mugi quickly created high concentrated, almost solid flames at the blast. They collided. It was a tug of war battle. Decimator was much stronger than Mugi. Mugi couldn’t hold on and the blast collided with his hands. His hands were producing enough heat to keep this blast from exploding. He looked up and threw his hands up. He watched as it flew up and exploded. It shook the ground and could probably be seen for miles.


“Guess where doing this”, he did that stance once more. One had raised, twisted above his back, the other close to the ground. He created this stance and called it the Crawling Spider. His calves came ablaze and he launched himself at Decimator. Just before he hit him, his right foot got planted into the ground. He launched his right and low for a gut punch. His elbow became a blue, jet-like stream of fire. His arm hit Decimator so fast, he flew over the trees and for who knows how far. He slowly stood up straight and spoke, “I know your watching. Leave or you will die. You are not ready for this”. He lit his calves on fire again and flew off. The blonde boy without hesitation, deeply regretting for messing with these two.


Mugi was up only a few stories high, flying around, looking for Decimator. He entered the downtown city limits. There was a crowd a few blocks away. He flew over. He was Decimator standing next to a bank. He walked in. “What is he doing?”. He landed and watched Decimator walk out with his and on two banker’s shoulders.


“You’re just in time. You seemed to hit me real good and I bounced into their bank. They are pretty ugly looking for humans.”. A few meegers landed nearby. They must of been watching. “See all these people? If you attack me they all die. If you listen and agree to what I say, they live.”


People had their phones out and some people were freaking out. “What’s your bargain?”. He was looking for a safe exit.

“Two things. I recently discovered Pokémon. Cool concept. In the series you have to fight and beat eight gym leaders. When you complete that task, you face the Elite Four and Champion. I want to impose this idea on your planet's future. I have prepared eight, champions, I like to call them that, if you kill all eight you fight me, kill me and Earth is saved”. He was swinging the bankers back and forth as he spoke. “If you deny this, I will launch an all out attack on your planet to wipe your race out of existence.”

Mugi wiped his face. This was the only option he had. He put his hands on his hips and nodded. He bit his tongue and looked down as he nodded all in one action.


“Great!”, he was very happy. “Now we just to seal the deal.”.


“How are we gonna do that?”.


“Kill one of these bankers”. The bankers started to whimper and beg for their lives. “You have ten seconds or I declare war”.


The bankers where both women. They cried and pleaded. Mugi raised his finger. He pointed at one. “I’m sorry, but this is for the better good.” He looked left and saw news teams recording him. He looked back and took a deep breathe. He fired a small bullet like flame to the one on the right. It went right through her head and her body fell limp. The only thing keeping it standing was Decimator still holding her. The other banker was let free and she fell to the ground crying.

“See you soon”. You couldn’t see Decimator smile due to the natural grown bandages covering his mouth, but if he could, he would. He stopped supporting the body. As it hit the ground, people screamed and gasped.

He left by flying off. People screamed and booed Mugi. Mugi looked at the corpse and walked away. He walked and people shouted things and threw things. “Why is my life like this?...”, this was all he could say.



© 2018 Mugi_the_Fireman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on August 20, 2018
Last Updated on August 20, 2018
Tags: teen, fantasy, war, fire, powers, legend, male, black, alien

Author

Mugi_the_Fireman
Mugi_the_Fireman

About
Working on a book called Legend. It's been recreated and changed thousands of times in my head. I'm finally putting it down. Reviews on it would be greatly appreciated. more..

Writing