Death Bringer

Death Bringer

A Story by MurderBears
"

Only death can take death itself

"

            Onlookers watched in disbelief as he burst through the hospital doors and sprinted down the street. His steps began to falter, and he staggered, wheezing and gasping for life. With every step he took, he aged a decade, and by the time he reached the end of the street, he had collapsed, barely breathing.

 

            A young boy rushed to his aid, offering his hand to assist the dying man. The man’s petrified gray eyes sparkled with excitement. As he reached out to accept the boy’s grasp, colour returned to his skin, his ashen hair turned inky, and his wrinkles rolled off his skin.

 

            The man stood up and licked his rosy lips; he smiled at the shocked boy and waved his bony hand. Blood exploded from the pores of the young child. Witnesses screamed in horror and fled from the scene while the man cackled and began to stroll down the street, his wrinkles becoming more and more prominent with every step. He waved his hand, and a petrified woman standing a few feet away screamed; the scream stifled into a gargle and then turned silence as her neck crackled and her head was torn from her shoulders. Shrieking maniacally, he turned and sprinted down another block, waving his arms wildly. Blood splattered onto the warm cement. He snuffed out life after life. Too amused by his new power, he did not notice a shrouded figure walk after him.

 

--

 

            Night fell, and he began to grow weary. He had run out of victims, and he could no longer reverse the years that fell on him with every step he took. He was an old man again by the time he reached a dark alleyway, and he panted for life. The silence was deafening; his wheezing filled the dark alleyway. He looked over his shoulder and saw a shrouded figure standing behind him.

 

“It is time,” it said. Its voice crawled icily down his spine.

 

He screamed and fell, waving his hands, but nothing happened. It refused to die. He tried to crawl away on the dirty alley floor. Skeletal fingers brushed the back of his neck. He choked on his own blood.

 

--

 

Pieces of a decrepit corpse were strewn all over the alley. Words were written on the wall in blood:

 

“Only death can take death itself.”

 

 

© 2012 MurderBears


Author's Note

MurderBears
A bit gory, not recommended for kids under 13

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's very good. Excellent setting, clarity of events, description of characters. Attention given to every character and detail, no matter how small or brief - brings life and movement to the story. If possible, I would heighten the shrouded figure - it's very clear at its first appearance that it is dangerous (for which I was grateful). But "dangerous" was all. Perhaps another sentence or two describing another incident? in which the shadow becomes the ultimate?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MurderBears

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! Supposedly the figure was supposed to be death itself and that it left the wr.. read more
ChrisM

11 Years Ago

Do you mean an understated lethal form? Yes, but is "shrouded" enough? Believe me, I'm not putting d.. read more
MurderBears

11 Years Ago

Course not! I appreciate all criticism! :) helps me become a better writer



Reviews

It's very good. Excellent setting, clarity of events, description of characters. Attention given to every character and detail, no matter how small or brief - brings life and movement to the story. If possible, I would heighten the shrouded figure - it's very clear at its first appearance that it is dangerous (for which I was grateful). But "dangerous" was all. Perhaps another sentence or two describing another incident? in which the shadow becomes the ultimate?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MurderBears

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! Supposedly the figure was supposed to be death itself and that it left the wr.. read more
ChrisM

11 Years Ago

Do you mean an understated lethal form? Yes, but is "shrouded" enough? Believe me, I'm not putting d.. read more
MurderBears

11 Years Ago

Course not! I appreciate all criticism! :) helps me become a better writer

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 17, 2012
Last Updated on October 17, 2012
Tags: horror, death, age, blood, night, reaper, old, young

Author

MurderBears
MurderBears

Toronto, Canada



About
we write short stories! Variety of genres mostly action, sci-fi and horror! more..

Writing