The Beans

The Beans

A Story by Muriel
"

Remembering a good friend and some weird humor.

"

My friend chose to come over and help me make a pot of delicious beans. We played some music, watched some TV and kept peeking in on our pot of home made beans.

After a certain amount of time was up, we both went over to taste some. We kind of started joking that we hoped we wouldn’t fart too much from eating the beans. And no sooner than we had a taste of the beans, well it happened, one of us farted.

I am not saying which one of us did the deed, but I can tell you we both had a big laugh. This was the first time a fart had ever appeared between both of us. It seems the moment you are comfortable to pass gas in front of a friend, perhaps they will be a good friend for a long time.

My friend and I had many other silly and happy times together. When I broke up with my boyfriend at the big age of 24, we both had fun singing “I will survive” jumping up and down on my coffee table taking turns mimicking the song we heard on the radio.

We both supported each other when one of our friends chose to shoot herself while parking her car on the railroad tracks. And my friend even chose to take on that car as her own, cleaning it all up and covering the hole in the roof of the car (that the bullet went through) with some kind of puddy stuff.  No one wanted that car, but my friend said, “Why waste a good car!” She went on to enjoy many happy times in it.

We spent days sunbathing at the beach, going to dances, having fun at the shopping mall and really enjoying our youth together.

We were both single gals in our early twenties enjoying many happy times together. She went on to marry, have a baby and a new life of her own. I continued dating, soon married and had kids of my own, too. We stayed in touch for a bit more, but as often can happen with new husbands and kids we drifted apart.

I still think that once you fart in front of a friend, they are your friend forever! I wish you well my friend wherever you are. And hope that whenever you make a pot of beans, you just might think of me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 Muriel


Author's Note

Muriel
Funny? Weird? Okay? What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on January 22, 2011
Last Updated on January 22, 2011
Tags: humor, funny, friendship

Author

Muriel
Muriel

CA



About
Love to write. And I love to read others' writing, too. Took about six semesters of Creative Writing through our local college which was fun. Also, have a few things published without pay and one .. more..

Writing