Lone Misanthropic

Lone Misanthropic

A Story by Lydia Wegner

Have you ever quite noticed that the entire world, and every single belief, law, theory, ideal, and hope is a paradox?

 

I'll warrant you haven't. If you did, it would cease to be paradox, you see, and then I would cease to be stuck in my perpetual exile from the true heart of society (yet another method of torture for me, by God- I cannot be fully away from you all, I am to float atop of you all, or rather, underneath, as oil does water).

 

It is, of course, your fault that I am as I am. Had not society progressed into such a cruel, uniform, misled, and heartless force, then I could join you, and be the sweet girl (perhaps even capable of being loved, imagine that!) that I somewhat wish I could be. But perhaps I complain for naught, perhaps I'd still be, even given those circumstances, as I am- bitter, alone, hateful, aching to be merciful, (but none wish for mercy or see it when it is given) and terribly contradicted in my mind from all sides.

 

I have not meant to ramble so long. I wish only to explain these wrongs, so that you may, if any of my ilk even exist, perhaps aid them one day, to (for the sake of yourself and any like I) serve as a beacon of hope in a roaring sea of murderous monotony.

 

So here begins my dire prayer, my last before I leave a world with no love or understanding for me: break free, wherever possible, from the mold you've crawled in (if you are able to understand me, then you can surely make it), and if you ever happen to escape it, resist the temptation to sink back in, oh please, for the sake of my tortured soul. Become the island, however small, of escape for those who lack the Hydrogen and Oxygen to be of the rest of the aqueaous, complacent crowd.

 

I expect this not from you, but I am bound to record it in a spiteful, feeble attempt,  before I am delivered from the frying pan and into the fire, from the top of the ocean to it's depths. Yes, this is all your fault, also.

© 2008 Lydia Wegner


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can relate to your expression of loathing of the sheep living in clone-like conformity in a society that seems to exist to exile those that choose to exercise an independant cognitive thought process.

JBD



Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 22, 2008

Author

Lydia Wegner
Lydia Wegner

Village of Veterans, near Tampa,, FL



About
I am a young lady that spends her time, as of late, sleeping and accomplishing nothing that she wishes to. I am completely consumed with my quest to find a male companion, what you would likely c.. more..

Writing