Just My Heart

Just My Heart

A Story by MusicHack
"

A wuv story I wrote via prompt.

"

Ian's fingers drummed on the railing as he waited.  Nothing was more annoying than waiting for what seemed like hours for what he was searching for.  It was a frigid December day, but inside the police department it was warm and toasty.  Ian was all alone, pacing up and down.  The clock on the wall seemed to taunt him, so say, 'Not yet, you still have to wait!' and cackling like a witch.  He glared at it, trying to urge the minute hand ten more minutes.  From his standpoint, it looked like a forever.  Nothing could make it creep faster, it seemed.  The receptionist just watched him as he closed his eyes and focused on keeping his cool.  He ran a hand through his short, spiky white hair and licked his lips.  His green eyes darted back to the clock, seeing it had only moved one minute.  Suddenly, his knees gave out and he was sagging onto the penitentiary's waiting bench, the bag with a change of clothes for Willow thunking to the ground.  His heart thudded in his chest, reminding him who was on their way.
Willow.
His eyes shut tight, holding back the joy.  Nothing soothed him more than just thinking about her.  Her black hair, her hazel eyes, and most of all, her personality was only-he looked up at the clock again-eight minutes away.  Everything brightened at that. 
Seven minutes. 
Only seven short minutes.  The clock started moving faster it seemed, telling him that it wasn't long before Willow would be his again.  He'd worn his black sweatshirt with a white and red Linkin Park logo silk screened onto it.  It was Willow’s favorite.
Six minutes. 
The dark void that had been his life for two years was now almost completely illuminated with a small light.  The face hed missed for so long was blurred like a picture that you keep out for a long time; it had faded.  Sure, he'd visited every month, but he could only stay for a few minutes.  Willow was always going off in some different direction for some strange reason. 
Five minutes.
By now the receptionist was packing up.  Willow was the last person to be released today, at 11:00 PM.  Ian forced his eyelids to stay open, although they weighed a thousand pounds.  He hadn't been able to sleep the past four nights, he had been so excited.  Finally, he couldn't keep them open anymore.

When Ian woke up, it was five minutes later.  Strangely familiar pair of legs was in front of him, swathed in black.  He was immediately wide awake, and looked up.  Willow was standing right in front of him, smiling tiredly. 
"Ian, why are you sleeping?" She asked, disappointed.  She looks like an angel, Ian thought.  The fluorescent light behind her outlined her silhouette; her long black hair caught every ray and sent it in the different direction, her midnight blue eyes were filled with joy and anger, disappointment and contentedness.  Her olive complexion was even paler than he remembered.  Her lips pursed as he got up and faced her. 
"Is the paperwork already done?" He asked the officer standing next to her, and he nodded.  Ian felt even worse.  He had been planning to be there and hug her tight right after.  He turned to Willow and grinned sheepishly.
"I'm sorry, Wil." He whispered, knowing she could hear it, holding out his hand.  She took it.  Ian led her out of the penitentiary waiting room and out into the snowy, frigid, and Ian's breath came out in a white cloud as he and Willow rushed to his Nissan Quest.  She took lithe steps, moving in a way that would make a ballerina cry.  Her hair bobbed up and down, acting like her shoulders were trampolines.  She's like a gazelle, Ian thought, not quite able to tear his eyes off her for one moment.  He opened the door while Willow climbed in the front seat.  Ian dashed around to the driver's seat and hopped in, his black sweatshirt flailing behind him.  They were silent for a few moments before he started the engine and started driving.
"So, Willow-" He started, but Willow cut him off.
"I'm sorry, Ian." She whispered, her hand over her mouth. Ian turned abruptly to see her crying.  His heart tore at the sight. 
"For what?" He asked, confused.
"Everything.  Stealing.  Getting caught.  I'm such a fool." She blubbered.  Tears streamed down her face, landing on her black jeans; the ones he brought her to wear out of the penitentiary.  Ian's sorrow turned into anger.  He reached out and pushed her hair out of her face.  She just put her head in between her knees and sobbed.  Sighing, Ian parked and turned off the car.  Willow’s head shot up, her brown-green eyes overflowing with tears. 
"Why are we stopping?" She asked, but Ian was already outside.  She sniffled one more time and reached for the handle, but it was already opened.  Ian was standing in front of her, a grin on his face.  She stood up, taking the hand he had outstretched to her.  Ian led them both to a frozen-over pond, turning to Willow and taking her face in between his hands, forcing her to look up at him. 
"No one that I love is a fool, especially not you," He promised, staring intently into her eyes. Willow closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around Ian in a tight embrace, laying her head on his chest.
"Don't you ever forget that," he whispered, "but if you ever do, my heart will remind you."

© 2009 MusicHack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this story! Reminds me of what happened to me and thats how my boyfriend reacted! Nice job!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 27, 2009
Last Updated on April 30, 2009

Author

MusicHack
MusicHack

Delano, MN



About
Free from the bounds of reality Right in all the wrong ways Enter my mind at your own will; I cannot guarantee a way out Into the darkness of the world I am thrust No love for myself, only love fo.. more..

Writing
NYY NYY

A Book by MusicHack


NYY Part 1 NYY Part 1

A Chapter by MusicHack