Destiny and Love Don't Mix

Destiny and Love Don't Mix

A Story by MusicHack
"

A story I wrote last summer. Not very good, in my opinion, but it started my love for writing about angels.

"

 

My eyes burned with tears that I knew would never come. My head hurt with the conversations that I had with my conscience about this. I knew he would never come with me. There was no going back now, because all of this was decided by a higher power. We couldn’t change it. Not I, not he, not anyone. Our paths had been chosen long before either of us had even been born. I waited at the crossing, my patience running down. I stared down the road, squinting to see if he was there. My gray wings hurt, it was raining, but I didn’t care. I whipped my bangs out of my eyes and started to pace. My whole life had been with him, and now he was straying down a path that I couldn’t follow, no matter how much I wanted to. We’d gone over this hundreds of times.
“Come on, Sid. You don’t have to stay.” He would plead, his voice clear inside my head.
“Yes I do. I don’t want to go. I want to protect.” I would say back quietly, staring at my hand. Already, purple marks were spreading. They were good at their job.
“Please, Sidney? Can’t I get you to come with me?”
“No. I’ve chosen to live like I want to. You know we can’t change who we are.”
“Like a stray?” He asked, now angry. I kept my face composed while on the inside I flinched.
“If that’s what you want to call it, then yes.”
He turned his face away, torn. It hurt, but I didn’t take back what I said.
“Fine, then. I won’t protect you anymore.”
 
Now it was time to leave. I could see his silhouette in the distance, growing bigger with every second that passed. I leaned against a tree, staying in the shadows as he came closer. His white wings were saturated with rain, his golden hair stuck to his face, and his backpack was soaked. The look on his face completed the picture of a stray cat. I pursed my lips into a hard line as he looked up. He was close enough now that his face was in the light. He looked up into it, and his face was perfectly angelic. His red eyes were empty with sadness.
“So this is when we say goodbye, huh?” He asked, not looking at me.
“Yeah.”
“If there was any way to change the way you are, I would be trying my hardest. Don’t forget that.”
“Yeah, I kinda guessed that.” I said, looking away.
“Sid…”
“Yeah?”
“…Take care of yourself with them.”
“You too.” I whispered, turning to face him one more time. “Goodbye. Until we meet again.” I said.
“Until then. Let’s hope for the sake of the world that that day never comes.” He agreed, stretching his hand out. I looked at for a second, before stretching out my own hand. It fell into the light, showing purple marks that showed disease and bonds to the earth. My whole body was covered in them. He stared at my hand, his eyes bulging, before trying to shake it, I pulled away. He looked at me, his eyes sad, before turning and leaving. My heart took an extra squeeze when he left, knowing that I’d never feel his warmth again. I watched him for a while before facing my path. It was cold, and I shivered. This was my decision, I reminded myself; to stay on the earth and protect it until Judgment Day came. I peered through the trees to look one more time at him before looking forward, seeing my boss. He was accompanied by three others, all waiting for me to come. 
“We’re glad you chose us, Sidney.”
“No problem, sir.”
“Very glad, in fact.”
“No problem, sir.” I said again.
“Are you ready to begin your training?”
“Yes, sir.”
“Are you sure?”
I looked up to face my destiny.
“Yes, Death.”

© 2009 MusicHack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on May 1, 2009

Author

MusicHack
MusicHack

Delano, MN



About
Free from the bounds of reality Right in all the wrong ways Enter my mind at your own will; I cannot guarantee a way out Into the darkness of the world I am thrust No love for myself, only love fo.. more..

Writing
NYY NYY

A Book by MusicHack


NYY Part 1 NYY Part 1

A Chapter by MusicHack