Kasyx

Kasyx

A Story by Musta-Eyolf-Pedes
"

Just a spar between two of my newest characters. COMMENTS PLEASE!

"
Kasyx and Xaxxa stood about eight feet apart, in a large forest clearing. Their armor was nearly identical. It appeared to be somewhat heavy armor, including a wedge-shaped helmet with a slab-sided breastplate, jointed hips like lobster tails, and scores of powerpoints, cables, racks, and hooks. Along with these projections, there are also immeasurable dozens of arrowheads hanging from the armor, in many different styles and types. The only noticeable differences were  Xaxxa's visor, which was a silvery and extremely reflective surface, and that Xaxxa's armor lacked the arrowheads and other projections that Kasyx's was adorned with. The slide boxer moved, a large arc of golden energy extending before him, and he slid along it, moving at a speed that would rival a crossbow bolt, looping through the air before twisting downward, toward the finger archer. The energy almost formed a double helix as it twisted down, Xaxxa eventually spinning from the end toward Kasyx, feet first. Kasyx spared no time with theatrics, unclipping an arrowhead from his armor and affixing it to his finger. He pointed this finger toward the flashy slide-boxer, and with a high pitched whistle the arrowhead flew from his finger and toward Xaxxa. The arrowhead was quickly followed by a golden shaft of energy, which seemed to move slightly faster than the metal arrowhead, compacting itself into the base. The arrowhead then exploded with a rather loud bang, and dozens of shards of metal, flying in a semi-circular pattern and attempting to strike Xaxxa. Xaxxa was unphased though, his armor easily repelling the tiny shards of metal. He spun downward toward Kasyx and struck his chest, leaving the imprint of his right boot in the breastplate and knocking Kasyx backward and into a tree. To this, Kasyx retaliated by clutching at the weakened breastplate with a crimson-gauntleted hand, and allowed some of his holy energy, granted to him by Ashapola, to flow through his hand, forcing the breastplate back into shape. He then unclipped another arrowhead, affixed it to the tip of his index finger, and fired it toward Xaxxa, who had been spinning and looping and curving as he regained the speed he had lost from the strike. Unlike the last one, the shaft did not compress itself into the arrowhead. Instead, the arrowhead itself silently fell apart,and two small weights hidden within were released. These weights spread apart, connected by a thin wire. Xaxxa, entirely lost in his speed, did not notice when the wire struck his legs, and the weights wrapped around him, like boleadoras. Unable to move his legs, he was thrown off-balance, and fell from his golden streak of energy. Mid-fall, he released a blast of power, which dissolved the wires and freed his legs, though too late. He slammed into the ground, creating a decently sized dust cloud. Kasyx smiled, placing another arrowhead on his finger, aiming, and firing. This arrowhead, upon striking Xaxxa's armor, would begin to spin, drilling it's way through the armor. Once it was firmly dug in, nearly a half-inch deep, it stopped. The shaft compacted inside, and the arrowhead exploded. The explosion would be focused and dispersed by the armor, and Xaxxa's entire breastplate exploded outward, shrapnel flying toward Kasyx. He simply turned his back to the shrapnel and wrapped his arms around the base of his helmet. The shrapnel harmlessly plinked off of his armor. Xaxxa, knock backward by the blast, now stood, unhooking and dropping the rest of his upper-body armor. Taking advantage of Kasyx having his back turned, Xaxxa spiraled up into the air once more. He moved almost sporadically, before moving in front of the mid-day sun. His form was entirely silhouetted by the sun, and as Kasyx turned to relocate his opponent, Xaxxa had seemingly disappeared. He took note of the abandoned armor, and looked around quickly. He tapped the side of his helmet, and his vision through the visor became infrared. He scanned the area once more, and found nothing more than the red-yellow aura of his sun-warmed surroundings. Being in the direct path of the sun, Xaxxa would be invisible to Kasyx. Kasyx held his right arm up, and looked at the small, glowing bar on his wrist. The bar was just a faint glow, which indicated that his power was nearly gone. "Damn. Might have to cut this short," he muttered with disinterest. With that Xaxxa spiraled downward, at a slight angle to Kasyx's side. Noting the streak of energy that always preceded Xaxxa's strike through his peripheral vision (Which oddly always seems sharper than looking straight on...For me anyway.), Kasyx turned, and just barely managed to squeeze out a weak barrier of energy, sparking and crackling with blue power, reminiscent of electricity. The path of energy disappeared, and Xaxxa came flying toward Kasyx in a two-footed dropkick. His foot struck the barrier, and his body went rigid as the power flowed into his body. He smashed through it easily nonetheless. He struck Kasyx's right shoulder, and crushed the pauldron. Kasyx, not having time to equip an arrowhead, jabbed his left index and middle fingers into Xaxxa's stomach. He then fired the all of his remaining energy as an arrow. It pierced Xaxxa's abdomen without trouble, and shot through his body, severing his spinal chord and paralyzing him. He crumpled to the ground, unmoving and barely breathing. Nearly instantly, his remaining energy arced across the three-inch wounds, and created a net, which stopped his bleeding and almost visibly caused the wound to knit itself together. The process was repeated on the exit wound and Xaxxa's spine, repairing his body. Kasyx stood back, breathing heavily, his armor dissipating as if it were dust. Xaxxa's remaining armor did the same, leaving both in light chainmail. It took nearly half an hour, but Xaxxa's body was finally repaired, and he sat up, clutching the large scar. "D****t Kasyx! Didja hafta mess up my body?"
"I don't know, did you have to crush my shoulder?" he responed, and accentuated by rubbing said shoulder. "I'm an old man, you should take it easy!" 
"Ha, right, an' let you beat me down every time we fight? No way." 
"Anyway, as it stands, we're both obviously empty. Let's call it a draw, shall we?" 
"Fine, fine. We still gotta wait fer The others, right?" 
"Yeah..."

© 2011 Musta-Eyolf-Pedes


Author's Note

Musta-Eyolf-Pedes
Comment, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on April 21, 2011
Last Updated on April 21, 2011

Author

Musta-Eyolf-Pedes
Musta-Eyolf-Pedes

Spokane, WA



About
Ehehehehe.....You may know me from deviantART or Kongregate, and if you do, you'll know that i'm juuuuuuust a wee bit insane. more..

Writing