Cigarette

Cigarette

A Story by MustbeaFlower

A man amongst the street asked a woman of thirty how he could radically fluctuate his life; “What can make me fall into the arms of an angel? Breathe new life? What can mentally and physically change me?” He asked politely and presumptuously. She immediately fixated  her point at me; for I was deliberately awaiting abroad of her, for the arrival of one to take me away and light me up, so I can alter their life; change their life.


He walked towards me, quick and precise, and gazed at the happy, billowy clouds while doing so. He stopped for a moment, only to realize that one of the clouds formed for him; abruptly after he put an eye to them; the cloud looked as if it we’re a perfectly lit cigarette,  smoke rising above it, death waiting around it.. But he was blind to death.


I was placed in his mouth, and began to realize how awfully en-laced in saliva he was. “How awful it might be to kiss him.” I thought, but acknowledged that I was indeed kissing him; kissing him with death.


I laid in his mouth for awhile, as he breathed me in and digested my juices. For near two decades, I still laid in his mouth; hugging my body of smoke around his quivering lungs; I had no resentment. His mouth began to soothe me, he began to be my lover, forever inseparable.


I would lay by his bed side, drizzling out smoke while he rested and thought about the responsibilities in life. I made sure that he would feel no responsibilities in life while being with me. I was his morning, his afternoon, and his nighttime.


On his death bed, as he lay dying from lung cancer, he still puffed me out, inhaled me in, and I continued to stand near him to the very end. He had not given me up, he promised me he would never give me up, as me him. His hair evaporated into the air, his skin wore pale and scraggly, his eyes were dreary with age and lost hope. I changed him.


To the present and the past,

Melani

© 2011 MustbeaFlower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

My goodness, I really enjoyed this one. So much detail and vivid imagery.
So well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I won't pretend to have been able to follow the narrative in terms of what was going on after the mouth immersion bit-- but I'm certain that's not the point. Beautifully written in a way that doesn't resemble the usual purposely vague, metaphorical drivel I usually come across in reading peers' work and a very enjoyable read. You really have something going for you, don't stop!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BLR
Very, very creative! Never have I read a story like this. Makes me wonder...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2011
Last Updated on May 2, 2011

Author

MustbeaFlower
MustbeaFlower

About
I'm a young woman of fifteen that is extravagantly occupied with the love of God and dreams. My highest adulation's are writing, children, reading, and life. I enjoy the loveliness old pictures and an.. more..

Writing
Men Men

A Poem by MustbeaFlower