W.E.I.G.H.T.L.E.S.S.

W.E.I.G.H.T.L.E.S.S.

A Poem by M.Babu
"

Escapism is necessary if we’ll survive the consequences of our fast paced lives.

"

We wish to fly as high as larks, experience zero gravity,

   Forget our earthly troubles; take a leave from our humanity.

 

Experience our lives from a keen bird’s eye view,

  Get to recap what we missed; all we threw askew.

 

Into the air would our tired bodies soar,

  Reminding ourselves of the happiness unbore.

 

Gratifying exhilaration and blissful ignorance,

  Would continually haunt our freed subconscious.

 

Hands at our sides, flying rapidly at full throttle,

  Unbound from binding vines, that stung sharp as a nettle.

 

Throbbing adrenaline surfeit in our systems,

  Never turning back to infer on our existence(s).

 

Laugh fully as we pull through heavy winds,

  Remedying ourselves as had old-fashioned beings.

 

Escapism is synonymous with bored men’s fantasies,

  The Realists concur, preferring to soak all their tragedies.

 

Startled and bewildered, our wings begin to tire,

  Our foresight diminishing, as our limbs perspire.

 

Stooping for a deleterious crash landing on realities,

 Stubborn perspective unchanged; returning to past habits.

 

-M.Babu- 

© 2011 M.Babu


Author's Note

M.Babu
Steal sometime for yourself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What it is to be free of constraints, to not feel guilty, for remedying what's not right in life!

The flow of this poem is wonderful, words really creating a feeling of wisdom .. tho the rhyming seemed a little forced at the start, prefered the freer verse to be honest.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What a wonderful poem. A reminder to take time to smell the roses. Lovely.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this. I think you're writing is really descriptive and I understand what you're trying to say but sometimes the message gets lost in the description. It is absolutely beautiful, though!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this piece because of it's clarity,rhyme pattern and reality...it brings out a lot 'reminding ourselves of the happiness unbore'....HARSH.

Posted 13 Years Ago


haha! Great job!...you're growing...in a bit I'll be asking YOU for tips lol! :)
keep writing bro!

Posted 13 Years Ago


What it is to be free of constraints, to not feel guilty, for remedying what's not right in life!

The flow of this poem is wonderful, words really creating a feeling of wisdom .. tho the rhyming seemed a little forced at the start, prefered the freer verse to be honest.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the many strong statements in this poem.
"Experience our lives from a keen bird’s eye view,
Get to recap what we missed; all we threw askew."
All men and woman need to escape. Maybe in a book or in a ocean/forest. Life can leave us boxed in. Freedom is the last real dream. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

a noble effort for this i never tried to write in this style beforethe rhymes are pretty good as well i think that is the best thing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem, though short, spells out a story that I think most people have suffered first-person. The thrill of realizing that you don't have to be the same, that the doors are there for you to open the moment you want to change. The beauty of letting go of what you don't want or need anymore, what is tainting the perfection that could be if only you released it. The despair of the realization that it isn't as easy as you thought it would be, that it's harder to let go of the things you used to do, the things that became so second-nature that they were like old friends. Then, the downfall as you grow too tired, and give in to those old, merciless friends, who become demons in that very moment. It's a story that pretty much everyone knows. And you wrote it out beautifully, with amazing word choice and a consistent flow like a steady heartbeat. If only I could see your inspiration for this. You did very well conveying emotions and sparking the imagination with your words. Your imagery was beautifully sculpted. I applaud your efforts.

Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011

Author

M.Babu
M.Babu

Nairobi, Kenya



About
To escape, to discover, to entertain. more..

Writing
POET'S WRATH POET'S WRATH

A Poem by M.Babu


ODE TO BROS ODE TO BROS

A Poem by M.Babu


WORD CRUMBS WORD CRUMBS

A Poem by M.Babu



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Torn Veil Torn Veil

A Poem by Dreamer


Goodbye... Goodbye...

A Poem by Magdelena