Stars and Pebbles

Stars and Pebbles

A Story by Myra Lochner

She stood in front of the poster, staring at herself. Suddenly a small voice said:

She is beautiful, is she not?


She looked at the small, freckle-faced girl. Then bowed down and lifted her chin. So are you! she whispered.


No. The tiny word is firm. I am but a poor little girl. She is so beautiful, everyone in this world knows about her.


Would you recognize her if she should stand in front of you? She smiled sadly, pleading with her eyes.


Oh yes!  She is a real princess. NONE in this world can look like she does.


Do you have a wish, little Star? Tears began to form behind her eyelids.


The little girl's face shone by the mere thought, in eager anticipation: I would love to have her signature and to touch her hand ... if only once.


She looked at her hand, still tenderly lifting the small face to hers. A struggle churned inside her very soul.  Must she give this little angel her wish, and destroy a dream? Or will destroying the dream bring her wisdom ... and hope?


Seconds felt like eternity ....


Then a little hand touched the scar on her face.


Do not cry, the innocent little voice said, you have the same beautiful blue eyes as she does.

© 2011 Myra Lochner


Author's Note

Myra Lochner
Merging Memories

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Personally I found this to be regal in flow and structure. Memories often do merge. Well penned.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2011

Author

Myra Lochner
Myra Lochner

George, Western Cape, South Africa



About
I love God and all He wants me to love as He does and express that in writing. more..

Writing