You Won't See Her Anymore

You Won't See Her Anymore

A Poem by Mysteriously Me
"

Meh.

"

She's putting out the burning ember of her last cigarette. Takes one last look over her shoulder towards you, then fades into the starry night. You'll see her around and know her sway; but it will no longer be the swish of the hips for you. Your ghostly manner will no longer be visible; Your contours will have faded within the blue sky.

She'll stand taller than the rest and flash those boys a mischevious smile. Shower them with her confidence that will make you long for her once more. But no longer yours, will she be.

Brokenhearted angel, won't you take my hand tonight? Won't you admit the wrongs you have done? Walk all over yourself like the doormat you are, and realize she wasn't worth losing.

She sits on his lap and kisses him passionately. That kiss that you once were able to steal. She smiles at him sweetly, and your heart aches for it used to be you for which she smiled. You always sought better, never knowing she was the best to ever come. Never understanding, that now you'll be alone.

Take one last look at her now. And realize that you'll never caress that baby soft skin again. Look into those mysterious, warm eyes one last time tonight, because they'll never be be on your face. You lost the most precious gift you'll ever receive. All for a dream-filled night that is never coming.

Brokenhearted angel, won't you take my hand tonight? Won't you admit the wrongs you have done? Walk all over yourself like the doormat you are, and realize she wasn't worth losing.

Shout your goodbyes now towards the wall that is over yonder. Because goodbyes and memories are all you have and misery will be all that you know. Don't try to fool her for a second, boy, that you won't remember a thing. Because truth is, you'll never forget anything.

© 2008 Mysteriously Me


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome! i loved it!

it seems temptation was his crime and who isn't tempted ever once in a while my favorite part would be: Brokenhearted angle, wont you take my hand tonight? won't you admit the wrongs you have done? ...
its feels like your in love with someone who is in love with another

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on May 21, 2008

Author

Mysteriously Me
Mysteriously Me

Anderson, IN



About
I am surrounded by a world filled with hatred, agony, and terror. Walking these streets I can't help but feel empathy overflowing to all that are being harmed. I believe I was put here to save the wor.. more..

Writing