Blue Marble

Blue Marble

A Poem by An Enigmatic Mystique
"

A poem about how small our conflicts are in the grand scheme of our small world and our vast cosmos. We should fight to protect each other, as well as protect our planet's environment.

"

 

In the vast insignificance of space, our earth is small and frail.

To keep our earth in good condition, we must leap into the fray.

We must cherish and guide our earth, let our efforts bravely set sail.

 

Our beautiful world is so small, yet empires fought over it without fail.

Many nations desperately tried to conquer of fraction of circular clay.

It showed the hubris of regimes, their desire to etch themselves in man’s tale.


But in the end, meaningless destruction is all conquest will entail.

The fantasies of grandeur are propped up by what tyrants say.

Ruthless regimes war over only insignificant land, goring our earth like a flail.

 

Our blue marble looks so diminutive, our attempts at hubris to no avail.

It is our only home, the only haven we have known at the end of the day.

We may leave no evidence of our existence in the end, our wreckage our only trail.

 

When men and women see their grand unimportance, they went off to sail.

They sailed to the horizon, exploring the world, going where the sunset lay.

They carved out vast parts of the map for themselves, inspiring many a folktale.

 

Despite our endless voyages and conquests, our insignificance is a niggling detail.

Perhaps we are just a bunch of mammals on a precious small paradise full of disarray.

We should curb our little marble’s disarray, fight for our world before it becomes stale.

Our blue marble is the only world we know, in our quest to protect it we must prevail.

 

© 2023 An Enigmatic Mystique


Author's Note

An Enigmatic Mystique
This is a poem about protecting our home and managing to quench our desire for conflicts and violence. Our earth is the only home we have ever known, and we should protect it as much as possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A bunch of truth in this poem, very nice

Posted 6 Months Ago


Inspirationally poetic. Completely and utterly true.

Great read.

With love,

Matthew

Posted 6 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2023
Last Updated on November 5, 2023

Author

An Enigmatic Mystique
An Enigmatic Mystique

Burnaby, BC, Canada



About
I am a novice writer who enjoys writing short stories and poems. I like to explore imaginative concepts, as they allow me to explore interesting ideas. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..