Myself

Myself

A Poem by Mysty Rayn

Once there was a time

I searched for myself

Looking deep within

For the answers

Striving for a better me

Then one day

Without realizing it

I stopped looking

I just became enough

Suddenly I was the woman

Everyone wanted me to be

Now I sit empty

Waiting for someone

To tell me my next move

Afraid to step out of line

To search for myself

Once again

© 2008 Mysty Rayn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Suddenly I was the woman
Everyone wanted me to be
Now I sit empty
Waiting for someone
To tell me my next move"

It's a strange phenomenon, how sometimes when we try to find ourselves, we lose ourselves, in the process.

A great portrayal of how this can happen . . .

"To search for myself
Once again'

and the realization that the process is never-ending and cannot be found through the eyes of others.

Beautiful, Mysty!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i think this is wonderful. everyone has to go deep inside ourselves sometimes though we hate to!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The poet is saying- are any of us want we wanted to be or should we look again. Don't be afraid, the result could be outstanding. Regards, Rii

PS I don't do ratings. Every poem I read opens a window. (my cat almost jumped out the window just now. Its an inside cat.)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pawn to king four, always...unless you're up for the queen's gambit...anything else, you start off losing...oh, by the way, the answer is at the end of your nose...at least that's what i told alice before i took my hookah and crawled off that mushroom...i had matamorphing to do....

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really enjoyed the powerful ending. Unexpected, very creative. This piece was very thought provoking. This line "I just became enough" made this poem for me. So simple yet amazing. Thanks for creating and sharing. I plan to look at more of your material.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soul searching is never easy. A wonderful poem, and a definite pleasure to read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very beautiful. And so true! Many times we feel trapped by the way others see us... many times we are trapped by the way we want others to see us... and many times we don't really know what we really are... And i suppose that is because we are a thousand of possibilities inside! :) wonderful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Ah, what a great piece! Soul-searching is never easy for anyone, and just when you think all your efforts have finally reached their happy conclusion, suddenly you're too trapped by who you are, and that's no good either. I really like the simple language you use to explore such a complex theme; you really do yourself justice.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a wonderfully reflective poem. I have been here.. left here.. and gone back to here. It is not an easy spot to be in. But I think one grows each time... or at least learns something new. :) What I try to tell myself is I know what all those around me want. Lord knows it is written, verbalized, cued, and bopped on my head on a regular basis. (Yes I too, get bopped... LOL) But what is it that I want?? That is the question I ask myself... and every time I have been here.. left here... and gone back again.. I try to answer that question and carry it with me.

Doesn't always work.. but I try.. I am a tree, growing branches and leaves one day at a time and maybe one day I will be fully grown.. standing tall and proud with my roots deep in the ground.. Knowing exactly who I am and what I stand for.

Wow I got wordy for a minute! :) A beautiful piece obviously making me think...

You may not see... but I do see... an inker that has grown within a short period of time.. Making me cheer for a wonderful soul and inker. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

It is so easy to get caught up in other people and what they think and lose who we truly are... just be yourself an in the end people will adore you cause you are a wonderful person.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nice!
This was deep young one.
I can feel your pain on this one cause
I'm at a point where I see myself doing the same thing.
But then I remembered, we cant make everyone happy. Even
if we turn out the way they want us. Keep that in mind as u step
out to find urself again.

BeegE

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2008

Author

Mysty Rayn
Mysty Rayn

About
more..

Writing
Pretend Pretend

A Poem by Mysty Rayn


Nothing Nothing

A Poem by Mysty Rayn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..