Love is Merely Madness

Love is Merely Madness

A Story by Logan Gibbs
"

Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind. And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind

"

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind. And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind" I said as I laid across my bed, tossing my script book in the air. "I've always loved that line". Julie chuckled as she continued to stare at the game console she was so focused on.

"What are you laughing at?" I said, jokingly glaring at her. She laughed as she turned around in the chair.

"I can just imagine baby cupid blindfolded shooting an arrow at some and hitting someone else by accident," she replied. I shook my head and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Well actually according to Greek Mythology he did not have a quiver of arrows to shoot at people, he was only a messenger,". She just chuckled again. "Now what?" I asked

"Your such a geek" she joked walking over to peck me on the cheek.

"No I don't want your kisses, you made fun of me," I joked, "and besides i doubt you even know who Shakespeare is". She glared at me, walking over she laid down on the bed, her beautiful blonde hair hovering only inches from my face.

" How happy some o'er other some can be! Through Athens I am thought as fair as she. But what of that? Demetrius thinks not so. He will not know what all but he do know. And as he errs, doting on Shermia’s eyes, So I, admiring of his qualities. Things base and vile, holding no quantity, Love can transpose to form and dignity. Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind. And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. Nor hath Love’s mind of any judgment taste" Wings and no eyes figure unsheedy haste. And therefore is Love said to be a child, Because in choice he is so oft beguiled. As waggish boys in game themselves forswear, So the boy Love is perjured everywhere. For ere Demetrius looked on Shermia’s eyne, He hailed down oaths that he was only mine.And when this hail some heat from Shermia felt, So she dissolved, and showers of oaths did melt. I will go tell him of fair Shermia’s flight. Then to the wood will he tomorrow night Pursue her. And for this intelligence If I have thanks, it is a dear expense. But herein mean I to enrich my pain, To have his sight thither and back again." she finished as she pecked me on the lips.

I pressed my hand against her head, deepening the kiss, before pulling away,"that was the sexiest thing you have ever said to me" I joked pecking her on the lips once more.

 

 I believe the most important thing about love is the little things we do for each other

© 2014 Logan Gibbs


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on July 7, 2014
Last Updated on July 7, 2014
Tags: Lesbian, Shakespeare

Author

Logan Gibbs
Logan Gibbs

Undisclosed, TX



About
I am extremely obsessed with writing, music and books are my Kyrptonite, speaking of Kyrptonite i am in love with all superheros. I love writing super-natural thrillers and romance novels. But most of.. more..

Writing
Shadow Shadow

A Book by Logan Gibbs