Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors

A Screenplay by itsnotnatural
"

Bernard's parents left for a party, but someone came back early...

"
9:00 PM
Mom: See ya honey!
Bernard: Bye Mom!
Mom: We'll be back in about 4 hours, okay?
Bernard: Yes Mom, bye!!
Dad: Where's my keys, I know I laid them around here somewhere...
Bernard: There hanging in the front porch Dad!
Dad: Thanks son. You be good here.
Bernard: Yes Dad I will, now will you please go?
Dad: "smiles" Can't wait to get rid of us huh? Alright we're gone.
"Door shuts and locks"

9:45 PM
"Bernard sits on his bed listening to his iPod while watching TV"

Ahh, ahh, ahh
Lead me to the oceans white sands
Ahh, ahh, ahh
Where I can catch myself
Ahh, ahh, ahh
Let the water cool and soothe me
Ahh, ahh, ahh
A steady rhythm flows

"He softly headbangs to the song as he slowly starts to drift off to it"


10:57 PM

"Bernard wakes up with a start"
"looks at the clock" Wow! Nearly 11:00 already!
I 'spose it's time to get a snack.
"Among the crunching of chips and slurping of cream soda, he decides to close the door for one reason or another"

11:16 PM

"He gets into his pajamas while watching Futurama"

11:20 PM

Mom?: Hey honey! I'm home!
Bernard: "confused" You're early.
Mom: Mmmhmmm.
Bernard: But I didn't hear the door open.
Mom?: Maybe you were too busy masturbating.
Bernard: No I wasn't! And where's Dad?
Mom?: Still at the bar.
Bernard: But you two were supposed to go to someone's house for a party.
Mom?: Then we went to a bar. Come now, dear. Give your mother a hug.
Bernard: No. I didn't hear the door open. How did you get in here?
Mom?: "angrily" Is that all you care about? Who comes in and out? You little s**t! You've been watching us the entire time haven't you? "In an inhuman voice" HAVEN'T YOU????!!!!!

"Bernard realizes he hasn't heard any footsteps the entire time as he steps back when it starts banging on his bedroom door"
"He's scared as he starts to see dents in the door"
"It gives up banging on the door and starts jiggling the doorknob, he locked it when he was talking to this... thing"
"It won't be long until it opens the door so he climbs through the window and hides underneath a small overhang under his bedroom window"
"He hears the window slam shut"

11:28 PM

Bernard: S**t! "heavy breathing" What the f**k was that? Need to tell my neighbors; broken in.
"Bernard rings the front door bell"
Ryan: "muttering" God do you know what time it- "opens front door" Oh, Bernard! Why're you out here at this hour? Where's your parents?
Bernard: Someone broke in to my house!
Ryan: Wow! Really? What do you want ME to do about it?
Bernard: "frustratingly" I want you to search with me! It ain't human Ryan! I want to figure out what the hell it is!
Ryan: "mutters" Like I don't have anything else to do. "speaks up" What do you mean it isn't human?
Bernard: Just come with me! I'll show you!
Ryan: Alright, I'm coming!

11:34 PM

"Bernard turns the doorknob and to their surprise, it opens"
Bernard: It's dark. Lemme try the switch...
Ryan: Nothing. Where's the control box?
Bernard: Downstairs.
Ryan: "rolls eyes" Of course. You stay here while I go grab a flashlight, okay?
Bernard: Sure.

11:40 PM

Ryan: Hey! I found one! I found a flash- where'd he go? F**k! He went in? "Here's Bernard scream from inside the house" He went in. Goddammit! Bernard! "Ryan steps in" Bernard! "There's no answer" "muttering to himself" Okay, just find a way downstairs and turn on the control box; that's all you need to do.
"Looks around with the flashlight, shining it on various things and trying not to get distracted as he searches for a stairway"
"Suddenly he hears a woman singing from somewhere within the house repeating one stanza"

Hush little baby, don't say a word
Mama's gonna let you be unheard
And if you make one little sound
You're gonna be six feet underground

11:48 PM

Ryan: Found the stairwell. Ok. "whispers" shut up, please. "heavy breathing" Need to take my time, can't. Have to hurry!
"Runs as quickly and quietly as possible down the stairs"
Ryan: Just feel along the wall...  "mutters"What am I doing?! I need to find Bernard! But it's easier with lights on. Need to find control box... "sweats" C'mon... c'mon, ah! Here we go! All switches go up! "click" "click" "click"...
Ryan: "breathes a sigh of relief and notices that the singing has stopped" Bernard? Where are you and what was that singing Bernard? "hears talking coming from another room" Bernard? Is that you? Hello? HELLO? "talking stops"
"Ryan rushes toward where the sounds were coming from and encounters a closed door, he opens it and finds Bernard with his back to Ryan, staring at a wall"
Ryan: Bernard, what are you doing? Look at me Bernard, look at me. "He turns Bernard around" Say something.
Bernard: "No response"
Ryan: Say something!
Bernard: "Still no response"
Ryan: "sits Bernard down" I have no time for this. "runs upstairs to call Bernard's parents about what just happened"
"Back downstairs Bernard starts shaking as he notices something leaving the room out of the corner of his eye"

12:37 AM

"we hear the ambulance driving off on it's way to the hospital while Bernard's parents are crying trying to figure out what's wrong with their son"
"We see the basement door open and a hand black as a silhouette with long, elongated fingers slowly make itself around"
"Cut to black"

© 2016 itsnotnatural


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on February 20, 2016
Last Updated on February 20, 2016
Tags: behind closed doors, behind, closed, doors, screenplay thing, horror