A Thank You Card to My Mother

A Thank You Card to My Mother

A Story by Kelly Kamuso
"

Happy Holidays and thank you for the gift!

"
Dear Mom,
Thanks for the crock pot!  I would've liked a smaller one, though.  I know you got it because you remembered that my favorite dinner to make the babies was crock pot macaroni.  Bur remember, Mom, you ahve the babies.  But thanks for the crock pot.  I'm glad you have a reason to call now, to share recipes and ways to scrape off burned on sauces.  Because we both know that if you call me crying again, I'm hanging up the phone.  So thanks for the crock pot.  It'll be really handy to cook my holiday dinner in while I'm at work, and you and he are home with the babies.  And while I'm standing my ground with my Cornish game hen and meager pay stub.  So like I said, a smaller one would have made sense, but thanks for the crock pot.  I hope he got you something nice, as nice as a crock pot.  And I hope he got the babies good gifts too. I hope you enjoyed your dinner. I hope you got it all organized without me.  I know that's a big deal for you.  Don't worry about me.  I can put potatoes and a bird in a slow cooker.  So thanks for the crock pot.  It really fills the space well.

Love,
Kelly

© 2013 Kelly Kamuso


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely letter!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Added on February 20, 2013
Last Updated on February 25, 2013
Tags: Mother, Parents, Christmas

Author

Kelly Kamuso
Kelly Kamuso

Vancouver, WA



Writing