This Time (English Assignment!)

This Time (English Assignment!)

A Story by Nikki_PorcelainDoll
"

Monologue of a woman who's had it bad...could this time be different?

"

The day was gloomy and cold. Gray clouds covered the sky, though I knew the rain would not come. It was as if the skies wanted to weep for my baby boy, but couldn’t. He was so sweet, so very dear to me…

The funeral… Well, there wasn’t one. There was no money for an actual funeral, but we as a family had our own burial. Surprisingly, my husband showed up. I guess even he felt bad for not being there. My girls, Scarlette and Kimmy, run to him crying “Daddy! Daddy!” Little Kaye cries in my arms. It’s truly sad to see how little they got to see their dear father. It’s truly sad to see how my little boy didn’t even want to see him.

He hugs and kisses each of the girls and stands there and stares. Finally he leans in and kisses my tear-stained cheek.

“How are you?” He asks softly.

A fresh round of tears sprang to my eyes.

“How am I? How do you think I am, Charles? My baby, my sweet, sweet baby boy is dead…and there is nothing I can do to get him back! My whole life is simply one disaster after another. Ever since I was a child, I have had no happy memories. For my first dreadful ten years of life, I was stuck in an orphanage. They treated us horrible and often starved us. I prayed and whished for the day when I could finally leave that place and be rid of those terrible people. I guess its true when they say be careful for what you wish for.

It was only a few weeks after my tenth birthday, when a lovely young couple came in. They sat and talked with me. For once, I felt loved and important. A few days later, I was sent home with them. I had my own small room. I remember I had loved sitting in there and writing all the time. I also remember the one late night where my mother was called out for work. I hugged and kissed her, and told her I loved her. I was fast asleep until I felt my bed dip under my fathers’ weight. He shook me fully with and with sorrow filled eyes, he told me that mother had been in an accident. About a week later, she was pronounced dead… I was only 15 when this happened. I learned how to cope, but unfortunately, my fathers’ only was of coping was to hit me. I tried my best to please him so that maybe he wouldn’t hurt me. It never worked. He always found something wrong with everything I did. When he was finished he would send me to bed without dinner, only to awake me a few hours later and beg for my forgiveness.” When I said this, Charles hugged me, trying not to crush my baby Kaye. I looked up at him sadly.

“I dealt with this for three more years - until I met you, Charles! You saved me from him, and helped me. I had loved you! I thought you loved me, too. When the depression came, I knew things were hard, but I never even imagined that you would leave me and our four kids!” He flinched away from me when I hollered. Kaye screamed loudly, but I went on.

“I couldn’t believe that you left us. I couldn’t even fathom as to why you did it! My girls cried and cried all night wondering where daddy went and when he was coming home. Our little boy knew what you did though. He knew better. He didn’t even cry for you like Scarlette and Kimmy did for so long.

Things were so hard when you left. We had no money and no food. We had to sell our tent to buy food. We were lucky that my dear old brother was kind enough to let us stay with him. Only a month ago, it finally seemed like things were going right, and now we’re at my baby boy’s funeral… My sweet angel. I can’t believe he’s gone…”. The tears were flowing freely down my cheeks. Charles hugged me tightly and whispered apologies to me. We stood there for a while, until I felt wet droplets on my arms. I heard Kimmy scream, “Mommy! Mommy! It’s rain, mommy! Look!”

Kimmy and Scarlette were dancing in the rain. Kaye was squealing happily in my arms. Charles laughed at the girls and put his arm around me.

“Lets go, honey,” he said. I was confused.

“Where? I need to get my girls home,” I answered briskly. He smiled and laughed.

“We are going home, love,” he said softly. I looked up at him curiously and then sighed. Maybe things could be different this time. Maybe they would finally go right. As I looked into my little girls’ eyes when I told them we were going home with daddy, they both looked so happy, and I knew that I had made the right choice. This time, everything would be perfect.

© 2010 Nikki_PorcelainDoll


Author's Note

Nikki_PorcelainDoll
I know this one isn't too good, but tell me what you think. Sorry if there are any errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hm I did like the other one better but that's just my taste :P
This one was still really good xD
Keep writing or I'm coming to louisiana to get you.. Tamora Lee style :P
xD

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 4, 2010
Last Updated on September 4, 2010

Author

Nikki_PorcelainDoll
Nikki_PorcelainDoll

Laffayette, LA



About
I go by Nikki. 15. Writing, dancing, and singing are my passions. Colorguard is my thing to do (co-captain!) I'm counting down the days til I turn 18 'Nuff said. more..

Writing