We All Make Mistakes.

We All Make Mistakes.

A Story by NamelessBeast.
"

"We All Make Mistakes; Some Because Of Love, Some Because Of Pain, Some Because We're Stupid." What would happen if an angel and a demon fell in love?

"
Her eyes were so perfect, so pure, so serene. Like the sea on a clear, calm day. Not grey, not green but that perfect water blue that you can only find on certain days. But looking into those eyes, I noticed one thing and one thing only; she could see into my soul. I felt, in that second, my entire life’s work crumbling around me. My walls, my cast iron walls that stopped so many people before her, just collapsed. They fell away as though they were gossamer curtains.
I guess you could say I am an idiot, I know I am. I should’ve turned around and run then, or I should have learnt what she would do to me… But no, I stayed. I stayed with her, for hundreds of years. I loved her, with my heart and soul. I loved her completely, she was my everything. The bond that held us together was too strong for anything to break it when we were together. She was beautiful angel and I loved her. 
The fire of passion soon burnt down and settled into a warm, glowing ember. But my demon’s blood, however, could not stand this. It drove me to destruction. I lived each day, asking myself why I should do such things as my blood craved. My blood sang for war, fire, pain, death, hate and chaos. I gave in, of course I gave in. I gave in to the needs of my blood and I feasted on the chaos I created. The fire inside me was kindled once again. Where once had been passion and love lay nothing but bitterness and hate. Not hate �" you must know �" of my angel, never, but hate of myself. 
Soon I realised I couldn’t be who I was, who I truly was �" a demon �" without hurting my angel. So, I talked to her about it. I spoke to her about it all; every thought I had about us, it’s pathetic now. But then, it meant something. 
She told me that I would never be happy without destruction. I could never be happy without destroying everything. And she said that she’d never allow me to destroy while I was with her, I would never allow myself to destroy anything properly. I knew she was right. So, I left. I had no choice. Staying would hurt me and then her but this was only a temporary solution. That’s all. That’s all I thought it was. 
I travelled. First to London, I stayed for a decade, I killed a few men. It didn’t satisfy me. Then to Milan, forty three years here, nothing I did there made me feel any better. I went to China for twenty years, still nothing. Everything I did seemed hollow and empty. Nothing seemed to make me feel better or ignite the fire inside me. Nothing worked. I didn’t understand it. 
My mind travelled back to my angel, my perfect angel. Maybe it was the years apart but I began to remember her differently. She wasn’t the pure angel I knew back then, at least not in my mind. She’d been warped into something that I began to hate. I began to hate her, and myself for loving her. I knew that she was the reason I was numb. I knew she was the reason I was hurting. I just knew it. 
Hindsight is a beautiful thing really. I look back now and I wish to the highest power that I could go back and change my mind then. I wish to heaven, hell and all the stars in the sky that I could make my past self change the course that I took then. If only… Even we demons cannot change the past.
In my blind rage, I tracked her down. Like a dog on the scent. I found her in LA. She was healing a puppy. A puppy. Nothing important, just a puppy. She was making it better for the little girl who own that puppy.
I felt sick, all of her actions made me feel sick. Everything she did. Everything she said. It made me feel sick. I was disgusted with her. But as things are, I wouldn’t remain that way for long. She looked up and saw me, not having changed for the years we’d been apart. She ran towards me, her smile was effortless but I saw only a cruel sneer. 

She fell into my arms, pushing her body against mine. I caught her but I didn’t return her greeting. Instead, I pushed my dagger into her stomach. I pulled it along, hearing it rip her skin and intestines. A smile, small and crooked, crossed my face. 
She gasped, gripping my shirt. I looked down into her face and, in her big, beautiful eyes, I saw my reflection. I realised then what I'd done, how pathetic I was. What had I done to my angel? She whispered my name, her sweet breath on my neck. What... What had I done? 
I remember picking her up and running with her cradled in my arms. Those pathetic humans ran and screamed. All I could focus on was the fact that she was dead and I was drenched in her blood. I ran and I ran. I don't remember how long I ran for. A few days probably. I would've run forever but I didn't. I ended up somewhere. Somewhere in the middle of America. I don't know where, all I know is that -- right there -- was where my heart shattered into pieces that I couldn't ever repair. Finally. 

© 2012 NamelessBeast.


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

NamelessBeast.
Based on a day dream I had... Odd things go on in my brain.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

its okay and nice write

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Aly
I think it is an amazing piece. I love your writing ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting dream and story. I like the internal thoughts throughout the whole thing, and the conflict of emotions. Somethings should never be done. Somethings can be undone. A beautiful story. Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with Coyote poetry. When I read this I imagin a two young people. One clueless about the other and the next darkening by the moment. Dar,evil,sorrow,regret,smitty. Enjoyable. Hope to read more soon.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Though this is a story this sounded so poetic for me. Full of emotions, action, anticipation and a heart broken it also brought me into the middle of "somewhere" you described about. A good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a wild dream. Had emotion, disappointment, hunting and blood. You didn't miss much in this tale. I like the internal thoughts in the poem. The ending was very good. Escape from love. Many have tried. Few can find freedom. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2012
Last Updated on February 4, 2012

Author

NamelessBeast.
NamelessBeast.

London, London, United Kingdom



About
Ask and you shall know. more..

Writing