-The Blind Person Who Wasn't Blind-

-The Blind Person Who Wasn't Blind-

A Story by NamrataC
"

This is about a man who is determined against all odds. Being visually impaired is a tough life to lead, but there are people who decide to win the world.....despite not being able to see it.

"

This one is about a blind person. A person who is visually impaired. A person who doesn't know what a car looks like, a person who cannot differentiate between a teapot and a toothbrush.

But when God deprives one of a certain asset, he always gives something more, as compensation. In this case, a golden heart. A heart capable of giving to the world, when he himself has very little of his own.

But what good is this feature in today's practical and ruthless world?

A world where people are in a race against time and the winning trophy is fame and money.

A world which has no place for good people, where the ones who win, are either smart or cruel.

But he had no knowledge of all this. After all, he had never "seen" the world. But like every other human, he had a dream, a wish, to create an institution to operate people like himself. To give people the gift that even God didn't.

There are two kinds of people on this planet-

1. People who care about others.

2. People who care about others to gain something for themselves.

Now this person couldn't possibly fall in the second category. Because he has no idea of what one can gain for oneself. To him the world is what his neighbour told him, or what he heard on the television.

The Blind People's Foundation, where he lived, made him feel at home because he was amongst people just like him. He knew the world who see him differently because he couldn't see. But he could show the world anything. With this thought, he, along with his fellow residents, started a drama group. People with the gift of vision, struggle in this field. For these people, it was only worse, because they could only show and not see. But perseverance and patience can do wonders. Starting with small audiences like the students of an NGO or the deserted people of an Old Age Home, their fame spread like an epidemic throughout the city, and then the state. They soon received help from various writers, producers and other resourceful people. In no time, they had performed their own versions of shorts plays like 'The Pied Piper Of Hamelin' and the Indian classic 'Ali Baba And The Forty thieves', in over more than 21 cities. They never knew how big the audience was but the applause was always deafening.

Money was a huge consequence of their actions. By the end of three years, they had collected enough to start another foundation. And the leader of the group knew that if they continued, one day, they would collect enough and find a noble soul and an eye hospital could be established, and finally his dream would come true.

People did see him differently.

Not because he was biologically blind.

But because he had a vision like no one else.

© 2017 NamrataC


Author's Note

NamrataC
Please please give in your inputs on the writing style. Its based on someone I know in real life so changes in the plot are not really admissible here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on May 1, 2017
Last Updated on May 1, 2017
Tags: Inspiration

Author

NamrataC
NamrataC

About
Read. Relate. Rejoice. more..

Writing