My Love

My Love

A Story by Natalie Garcia

“Everybody keeps telling me I’m such a lucky man,” he said “Looking at you standing over there I know I am.” He looks at her in a way every girl dreams to be looked at. While dedicating all his time to her, and is never seen without her. He loved the way her smile was as bright as the sun, and the way her hair fell so perfectly on her face; the way her laughter could make a rainy day become a rainbow. He’d seen her break down, holding her as she cried her heart out for help. No one was ever put before her, and she never took him for granted; she loved him, and he loved her.
I believe in true love, whether you’re seventeen, thirty, or fifty years old. Love can be felt in a million ways, but it doesn’t always come all at once. It’s what makes the world go round, the way it’s so passionate and caring. Love can be delicate like a precious flower, or as difficult like tearing a brick wall down. Either way it goes, love is there; it is built between two people who see such beauty in each other, and it gets to where it seems impossible to start a day without speaking or seeing one another.
I am currently in a relationship with a guy I met at work, Caleb Hogge. We will be nine months this Saturday, February 14th. It’s been a crazy ride, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Caleb and I started off as friends, typical; although this was a little different. I had just been out of a relationship when we first hung out, but I knew he was just being a good friend. A couple months passed by, we had argued almost everyday, and we realized our personalities weren’t quite a perfect match, but we also knew nothing was going to be perfect; we knew it wasn’t going to be easy.
I also didn’t think it’d be easy since I come from a Hispanic family and him coming from an American family. We still managed to make it work because we realized being together is what we wanted. The same way we can only see each other on weekends because of him being in college and all; it just gives us something to look forward to I suppose. It’s been hard going from the summer and seeing him everyday to only seeing him weekends. I know I shouldn’t be complaining, and I also know it’ll be okay; everything will soon go back to normal, like when we head off to the University of Iowa together next semester.
Looking back at this it’s crazy to think Caleb is that same guy who took me bowling that Friday night when I had just gotten out of a relationship. He’s changed so much, and I don’t think I’ve ever been able to see my future as far as I do with him, with anyone else. Caleb makes me happy, and even though we have our arguments I know we’ll do whatever we can to fix them. In him I have found true love, I have been able to not only love him, but love myself just a little more. Having someone compliment you on your flaws is just lovely. Love comes in a million different ways, and it’s not always all at once.

© 2015 Natalie Garcia


Author's Note

Natalie Garcia
It's a belief of mine, but feel free to share thoughts!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so true Natalie. one can never have everything so its better to make most of what you have, I liked the way you expressed your like and determination to go on with the relationship. It is far better than quitting :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Natalie Garcia

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I at first thought this writing wasn't a great one since no one took the time to .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2015
Last Updated on April 4, 2015

Author

Natalie Garcia
Natalie Garcia

Storm Lake, IA



About
My name is Natalie Garcia, I come from a small town in Iowa. I've never realized how much I loved writing until my senior year of high school in composition 1. I love to read, Danielle Steel is my fav.. more..

Writing
Racism Racism

A Story by Natalie Garcia