A surprise

A surprise

A Story by NancyzJourney
"

Embracing the change to the future!

"

There I was moving to this new place, which is not entirely new to me. I had to shift away from my family due to certain circumstances that is not worth mentioning.

I always love changes from my routine things because Change is synonymous to Hope. Well, this change was not a delightful one; on the contrary, it was scary.

I have quite a few pals near this place who were always there for me. I had to move on rather than residing on the past. I packed my stuff and moved out of my cousin’s place where I was sheltered for the past few days until I found this dormitory. It was a mediocre one where I had my own room.

 

It was 7 am in the Morning, when I washed myself clean and packed few clothes to stay at my friend’s place over this weekend. It was so kind of him to invite me; he thought that it would make me feel better about the change. I had taken all summer clothes, as this place was always hot during the day.

Speaking of my friend, I have known him for the past 2 years and he is the one who I consider the closest. In addition, do not forget the fact that he is 5 years younger to me. I myself was aware of this only after a few days of our friendship. Still this kiddo is the dominating one throughout our relationship. He always had this sense of care towards me.

 

There he was honking down when I was brushing my hair. I had my backpack ready and dressed in a traditional attire as he requested. His plan was to take me to a historic temple first which is 140kms away from here and then take me to his home. I always loved places of historic value. It won’t be much of a long ride I thought. Few seconds later, I met him down waiting for me in his car.

 

Off we headed towards Vellore, it was a hectic drive in the traffic filled roads. Finally, we got hold of the highway and he would stop the car then and now to pee along the roadside. I love clicking pictures of him peeing; waiting for the perfect moment to make his head, turn towards me by calling his name, then goes the click of my camera. This always fascinates me and irritates him.

 

“Here we are”, he said. “Is this it?” I asked looking at the arch shaped entrance. The temple wasn’t a big deal I thought. We had to walk bare footed from the parking lot. Next to the parking lot were bungalows built with historic touch in them beyond which was the enormous temple. The whole place is a fort, which I failed to notice. I was in the awe of seeing the temple. The architecture was amazing.

It was too hot that day and we decided to leave home. He drove around the Fort and headed the opposite way from home. I am not good at directions but I could feel that he is heading the wrong way. I was looking at him doubtfully. “Where do you think we are going?” he asked. “Home?”. “We are on a 2 day trip to the nearest hill station which is 100kms away from here” he said.

 

I was jumping up and down in the car thinking about the hill station and spending the next two days with him. I loved him being around me.

It was almost 4pm by the time we reached the hotel, where he had reserved our stay. That was a lovely place to stay; the suite, which we got, was big. I didn’t unpack but lied on the bed being tired. He left me to my thoughts and headed out to the restaurant to get some food.

 

“The food they serve here is very good you know”, he came back. By then I had changed into my summer wear for a cold climate. “Ridiculous, why didn’t you tell me to pack some winter clothes?” said I. “I wanted it to be a surprise so didn’t risk spoiling it”. I was happy actually except for my light clothes and it was cold in the room.

“I am starving to death,” I said. “Let’s eat then”. We were feasting. There is always this silence when we both were together; neither he likes nor do I know how to break it, but this is how it is. We were talking over some of our friends and few other events that occurred.

I was in the washroom looking at my drowsy image in the mirror. Knock knock. “What?” “I wanna pee” he said. “Oh you are such a baby always peeing.” I let him in and closed my eyes for I wasn’t done washing my face yet. He was standing near the closet and doing his business. “Why would you never do it privately? It’s either on the road or right in front of me in the restroom”. Even in his house he would never care to close the restroom door when he uses the toilet.

 

I was waiting for him to leave so that I can open my eyes but I didn’t hear him closing the door from behind but the sound of shower which made me open my eyes. “What are you doing?” I shouted. “Showering! Join me!” he was excited. I was smiling at him for he was standing half-naked in front of me.

 

I joined him; the water was cold, which made me shiver. He had always preferred cold water whereas I liked it being hot. He hugged me from behind, his warm body covered mine not letting me take all the cold. “Are you OK?” he asked me. I smiled and turned to face him. There he stood, his eyes, which made me blind to everything around but just those eyes, which I can’t look into. He leaned over me and kissed me passionately and I gave in. It went way too deep so I had to cut in, then I turned on the hot water which made him run out of the bathroom.

 

Minutes later, I came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. He was on the bed. I crawled into the bed with him and rested my head on his arm. “Thank you; I love this place and everything” saying this I continued to rest on his arm and smelling him. Wished the world ended right away or time froze for eternity.

© 2017 NancyzJourney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on September 12, 2017
Last Updated on September 12, 2017
Tags: travel, love

Author

NancyzJourney
NancyzJourney

Chennai, India