The Eternal Twilight

The Eternal Twilight

A Story by Nankoto
"

This is still a work in progress. For a school class.

"

 

            A young renegade boy wanders into the shadowed ally. Shadows covering his clothes, the torn jeans with a white shirt with some black design that blends seamlessly with the darkness. His vest flows in the small breeze giving the look of a phantom. His spiked hair stands on end in the night.

            Shadows caress his body making him one of them. Taking the innocent boy into the darkness and throwing him into a world of chaos, a world of never-ending Twilight. Such a sight it is to gaze upon, the beauty and awe it holds. Though this world is war-torn and seemingly dead, it still holds beauty.

            A voice whispers to him from beyond the darkness, it beckons him on. On his journey towards the voice he sees the sereneness that an empty world holds. The voice led him on, pushing him further and further into the depths of darkness. His bravado pushing him on through the sheer terror he feels.

            He reaches the voice only to find that it holds no physical form, for it is only the wind whistling between broken buildings. The feeling of terror returns when he realizes he is lost and alone. He doesn’t know where he is or how far away he is from his entrance. He can barely see 5 feet in front of him let alone know the distance he traveled. He sits down on the source of the voice to think of anything he may be able to do but to no avail. Lost and alone, his only source of comfort is the fact that this could very well be a dream.

            Nothing fits together, the darkness, emptiness, the feeling of being alone, completely, one-hundred percent, alone. Yet, at the same time, he feels as if he is being followed, watched, and studied, like a guinea pig in some lab. He must escape, he knows he must, his life depends on it. He looks in all directs as far as he can see, and picks a path. With a quick fluid movement he is up and on his way.

            After what seems like hours he feels like he has made no progress. He sits back down on yet another ruined building and thinks. This is too strange to be real, nothing like this can happen. He begins to feel as if he is going crazy. But then, a light appears in the distance, only for a brief moment but it still gives him the hope to push on.

            He jumps up and heads toward where the light was. He dashes to the spot, jumping and dodges broken buildings in a non-stop run. The light flickers again, right before his eyes, he comes to a stop instantly. He looks at the light closer, and then he collapses.

            The boy opens his eyes into a blinding light. He hears noise all around him, the hustle and bustle of some busy place. He manages to focus his vision to see his family and friends surrounding him. They look at him in disbelief. He looks at their faces then continues to look around, then his face turns into disbelief, he is in a hospital. He hears someone tell him that he was mugged and stabbed in an alley nine days ago. They were calling for him in the first few days while at the hospital, begging him to wake up. He realizes that was the voice he heard. The voice of those who care can guide us to light.

© 2008 Nankoto


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on September 8, 2008

Author

Nankoto
Nankoto

IA



About
Been away for a long time. more..

Writing
Exhibit A Exhibit A

A Poem by Nankoto


Masks Masks

A Poem by Nankoto


Alone Alone

A Poem by Nankoto