Writers Cafe's Secret Society http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/WC-Illuminati/9933/

Writers Cafe's Secret Society http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/WC-Illuminati/9933/

A Story by nana
"

This is how those who cannot honestly attain the post of head writer plan to secretly crush dissent and post their work above your own. No one of character would allow themselves to join this.

"


http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/WC-Illuminati/9933/

 

 

Ok this is what they don't want you to know

WC Illuminati


Description

Flash mob reviewing!!!

Ok we have figured out how the algorithm works to get a piece of writing featured as a top writing- it is a combination of the number of reviews plus the ratings received. We all also know what it is like to be a struggling writer, trying desperately to find an audience, wondering if your work will ever get noticed!

The idea here is simple: we will periodically use the flash mob concept to bombard one selected deserving work by an underappreciated writer. It is essentially the same concept used by small towns to give their locally owned businesses some much-needed cash flow. A large group shows up at the same time and date to each buy one small item form a local store. Call this a good-hearted measure aimed at providing some deserving writer with a flood of feedback on his or her writing- a whole grunch of us all show up to give one review to a single piece of work on the same day. No other commitments.

Here is how it works:

1) Use the discussion board of the group to suggest a piece of someone else's for reviewing, or post a work of your own to the site for consideration.

2) As moderator of the site, I will periodically (once a month or so) select a submitted work, and send a group-wide e-mail with the date for the flash mob. I will try to give 24 hours notice.

3) Of course no-one can force you to participate, but the more reviews a piece gets, the greater the chances that piece has of making it into top writes, AND the better the writer will feel.

4) It is like Las Vegas. What happens here, stays here. Let them wonder. If you think they are flash mob material, invite them to join. Ask them to keep the secret, and invite only members who can be trusted to keep the secret handshake.

5) I reserve the right to approve members and to delete them for bad behavior.

Here are the daily recommendations to the worker bees from their masters




http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/WC-Illuminati/9933/forum/20100/
http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/WC-Illuminati/9933/forum/20187/
http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/WC-Illuminati/9933/forum/20093/
http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/WC-Illuminati/9933/forum/20170/

 

 

For those who think the Illuminati are here to do good this is the answer

others got who responded unfavorably to the illuminati idea here today

They were hit with  this and their work down scored. And so don't believe

 the lies from those involved in this insidious group. They don't like the

 light of day on them. This is a type of social terrorism. Anyone can

 see they are up to no good.

 



Here is the truth if ever I saw it. This post is not about Tate. It is about you and your uncivil behavior.




You are so enraged that others have risen while you have not. Your JEALOUSY and ENVY lead you to want REVENGE! For imaginary slights that are truly character flaws of your own. Tate, Craig, David, Marie, Ricochette, Frieda, Rita, Sarah, Rose, Quin, Jack, and many many more have all earned the respect of their friends. That is how they succeed here. Respect is earned and given freely. It is not taken. To do so is the same as telling someone to say they love you. If you have to demand it then it has no meaning. Your conduct stands alone as the worst ever seen here. Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned! You are not excused! The point of your new group is self evident.It is not to propel others to the limelight.It is to deny those who honestly earned and deserved their laurels the respect that they give each other all the time.

© 2013 nana


Author's Note

nana
This is just the latest sad attempt to monopolize the Cafe and extinguish the light with their darkness.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dew
weirdly popular

Posted 10 Years Ago


I am a very simple person, just a poet with a piece of paper and a pencil, so I got lost here !

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Well it finally happened. We have a full blown flame war in the top spot. No wait, I saw this once before though the participants I don't recall. I've had loads of my work in the number one spot. Some of it was pretty good, some of it was pretty silly. I've been top writer umpteen times too. It's just some algorithm deal. I'll admit the first few times is pretty cool but after awhile the thrill wears off and I wonder if I can even write a grocery list let alone keep scoring number ones on the WC. A lot of it has to do with having a crap load of readers and reviewing lots of other people's work. Striking a common chord helps too. Like a really good joke, being trapped in a low paying job, Kimmers recent # 1 "Unsaid" spoke volumes to the folks on this site to everyday heartache and the struggles of relationships. It was on top for days. I was thrilled (she's my best WC bud) and she doesn't write much poetry. Some of us on the other hand, me, Jack, Frieda, quinfinn, David Lewis Paget, to name a mere few, are poetry writing machines. Some of it's great, some of it's okay and some of it not so good. God knows I've written some crappola and I'm sure I will again. Christ I'm probably writing crappola now and won't know until I check on it. Anyway. Write, write, write, friend, friend, friend, review, review, review and you can make top anything on here. Oh yeah, being a decent writer helps. You don't have to be some kind of ghost of Edgar Allen Poe or Allen Ginsburg (Is he dead yet?) but knowing how to write metered rhyme or good free verse can go a long way around here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


6 of 7 people found this review constructive.

... or you could just do a nice job of writing in here, and if you make it to the top on your own merit, you deserve it - without using any underhanded or clever means. There's no need to be popular in here, only helpful and informative. Relax, morning will come again. :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nana.. V is not a member of our group.. if you are getting hit by V, take it up with V, but do not make it out that we had anything to do with it.. you are just trolling now!

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
Good evening, London.
I would introduce myself, but truth to tell, I do not have a name.
You can call me "V".
Since Mankind’s dawn, a handful of oppressors have accepted the responsibility over our lives that we should have accepted for ourselves.
By doing so, they took our power.
By doing nothing, we gave it away.
We’ve seen where their way leads, through camps and wars, towards the slaughterhouse.
In anarchy, there is another way.
With anarchy, from rubble comes new life, hope reinstated. They say anarchy’s dead, but see, reports of my death were… Exaggerated.
Tomorrow, Downing Street will be destroyed, the Head reduced to ruins, an end to what has gone before.
Tonight, you must choose what comes next. Lives of our own, or a return to chains.
Choose carefully.
And so, adieu.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I was hit by V is for Vendetta on half dozen of my writes already before I could block him/her, I'm sure they'll just come back with a new profile though to wreak havoc again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4729 Views
45 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 18, 2013
Last Updated on July 15, 2013
Tags: secret, society

Author

nana
nana

Los Angeles, CA



About
more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Losing You Losing You

A Poem by Diane


Oh Gypsy Oh Gypsy

A Poem by KWP