Return To Sender...

Return To Sender...

A Poem by Nansi London
"

A poem i recently wrote for a contest on a different site. Promtp? Lost love/Heart ache. I find poems like these easy to pen...odd...

"

Its empty.
I checked twice today, but its still empty.
All that’s left is a gaping hole surrounded by stringy, shredded flesh.
I listen effortlessly and if I seize my breath, which is often skipping, I can 
Hear a hollow wind whistling through me.
The resonance is mocking and endless, so I’ve come to perceive.

Shouldn’t he have returned it by now?
Though when things are stolen, one would believe it has departed for good.
But this…oh no…
This one thing I will need, so for good would not be so as it seems.

Without it, I will not be able to be whole again.
This wound would remain open and raw until it is contaminated.
Contaminated by odium, malevolence, desolation or maybe…nonentity.
The latter is worst.

I would prefer to feel something rather nothing.
But I find that it is the one thing that fills the fissure in my core so easily.
Now this wound in my chest shall become a quarry for any unfortunate soul that seeks love from this shell. 
There they shall plummet into the dark, wet emptiness of nothing and find that they were deceived.
Poor souls.
Poor me.

Please return it, if not for mine, for their sake.
I can never love again if you posses the entity in which I store this elixir.
Return to me my heart as I have yours.
For I am lost without it…
Meaningless…
In dire endless pain…
And utterly empty.
Please…

© 2010 Nansi London


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful. Its sad to watch the person see the changes starting to happen and yet be able to do nothing about it. Perhaps her heart is lost in the black hole that his heart once belonged in. As I look at the cycle of broken hearts he may be a victim as well. I love the way its written. It seems open ended. There is alot to think about and even with resolution in the end...the reader has a feeling that this reality exists somewhere and will continue to exist after our short voyeur session. The subject matter exists on multiple levels. A straight read as well as a nice conversational peice for deep thinkers. Great Job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

By the tone of this poem I get the impression that your heart was eager and willing for someone to come and share in your love. But the silhouette that slid in there was not willing to reciprocate and was only out for self gratification leaving you in a melancholy state. A very sad but identifiable poem, great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful. Its sad to watch the person see the changes starting to happen and yet be able to do nothing about it. Perhaps her heart is lost in the black hole that his heart once belonged in. As I look at the cycle of broken hearts he may be a victim as well. I love the way its written. It seems open ended. There is alot to think about and even with resolution in the end...the reader has a feeling that this reality exists somewhere and will continue to exist after our short voyeur session. The subject matter exists on multiple levels. A straight read as well as a nice conversational peice for deep thinkers. Great Job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful a stolen heart feels as though you are lost without it, you wrote this one well I liked it

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
In this poem you have described beautifully the feelings of a stolen heart. The emptiness and the hole that is left when one has stolen that part of you. Good job

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2009
Last Updated on January 18, 2010

Author

Nansi London
Nansi London

Nassau, Bahamas



About
What is there to say? I am but a passionate lover to my calling. I am a writer here...but I am a creator to the world of those you will read about. As writing is a passion for me, so is everything.. more..

Writing
Pushed... Pushed...

A Chapter by Nansi London


"Show Me..." "Show Me..."

A Chapter by Nansi London



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..