The Ghost of You

The Ghost of You

A Story by Nami

The worn photograph, edges softened by a thousand touches, mocked me from the nightstand. His smile, once a promise etched in sunshine, now felt like a cruel trick of the light. There we were, tangled in the reckless abandon of youth, a lifetime seemingly stretched before us; a future we were supposed to build together.

They say there's a love, singular and fierce, that brands your soul. A love that makes the earth tilt on its axis and paints the world in hues only your hearts can perceive. That was him. He was the melody that chased away silence, the missing piece that completed the puzzle of my being.

We wrote our future in stolen glances, whispered dreams, and promises woven from moonlight and stardust. Forever, we swore, our love a fortress against the storms of life. But forever, it seems, has a cruel expiration date.

The goodbye, a thief in the night, stole the air from my lungs. No earth-shattering arguments, just a quiet erosion, a slow withdrawal that left me clinging to the wreckage of our dreams. He chased after a future that didn't include me, leaving behind a love story unfinished, its pages fluttering in the wind.

Years have bled into decades, the sharp edges of grief softened by time's relentless march. But the melody of his laughter still echoes in the quiet corners of my heart, a bittersweet symphony forever on repeat. There are moments, fleeting and unexpected, when a scent, a song, a shard of sunlight triggers a tidal wave of memories.

The love, though unrequited and incomplete, remains a beacon in the vast landscape of my life. A testament to a love so potent it continues to hold a place of honor, a bittersweet ache in the symphony of my soul. He may not be the melody that plays me to sleep at night, but his notes will forever be woven into the fabric of my being, a constant reminder of the greatest love I ever knew; a love that danced with forever, but never quite reached the final note.

And though tears may fall, blurring the lines on the photograph, the love, in its bittersweet agony, endures. For some loves, like shooting stars, are most beautiful in the fleeting moment of their brilliance. Leaving behind a luminescence that, even in their absence, continues to light the way. He may not be my ending, but he will forever be a haunting melody in the unfinished symphony of my life.





© 2024 Nami


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on April 27, 2024
Last Updated on April 27, 2024

Author

Nami
Nami

Solsona, Ilocos Norte , Philippines



Writing
Unanswered Unanswered

A Story by Nami