The Voices (In The Streets) Need To Be Heard

The Voices (In The Streets) Need To Be Heard

A Poem by Naomi
"

the voices of the youths and teenagers of today need to be heard. Haven't we suffered enough?

"

Poverty is killing our democracy, damaging our economy, this is beyond our wildest dreams, not even astronomy could help figure out what the problem could be.

Personally I think it’s based on all the cuts, the credit crunch, there just isn't enough food to munch, with all the unemployment rising up, young people on the streets materialistically deprived, like haven’t they survived enough?

All that pride that the government hold behind as they expect others to abide by the law.

Maybe things would be different if the law didn't just judge us all and call us thieves and violent criminals, this alone could help decrease targeting on its own and if they stopped all the stop and searches and did their own researches, they’ll find out that we’re not so bad.

What if they could build more community centers and churches then maybe, just maybe all this can stop.


“You know it’s funny when it rains and pours, they got money for wars, but can’t feed the poor” " - Tupac Shakur

 

© 2014 Naomi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wait tho did you write this as a poem or quoting tupac? Sorry

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naomi

9 Years Ago

i wrote it as a poem and quoted tupac towards the end. :)
Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Okay both are well done! Your poem and his wise words
Naomi

9 Years Ago

thanks, i appreciate that :)
I like this conscious quote! Very well said by a great musician!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2014
Last Updated on November 27, 2014
Tags: #VoicesInTheStreets, #YouthandTeenagers, #ThoughtsandFeelings

Author

Naomi
Naomi

London, United Kingdom



About
Writing is what i do; from writing songs, to writing raps and now poetry. "My Art is My Poetry... My Poetry is My Art" - Me Don't let anyone stop you from achieving your goals and doing what you do b.. more..

Writing