My Hidjab

My Hidjab

A Poem by Black Jess

My hijab is my honor, my identity, my freedom. I wear hijab to say that I am Muslim, who I am and what I believe in. It's my obeisance and my commitement to Allah, God gave us so many things : he created this world, he created us, he filled us with so many ni'ams and gifts that we cannot encounter ( health, wealth, home, food, clean water, family...) And he asks us in return to do small simple things: to thank him, to pray, to do what he likes and leaves what he dislikes, and one of the things Allah asks us to do is to wear Hijab.
Allah's order are wise and they are for our good, Allah won't lose anything if we don't wear it, but we will. We will lose the feeling of safety, of pureness, of protection, of having a confirmed identity.

When I wear hijab I feel respected, I feel safe and protected, protected form other people's harmful sight and vicious intentions. Some people avoids us but it's actually good cause we avoid their harm, and it's a way to bring only the nice people who don't judge from the outside.

There are people who think that when a girl wears hijab she won't be able to go to the beach, to wear short skirts, to let her hair in the air, she'll die from the heat especially in summer... They even see it as if going to prison, as a severe law that forbids from doing what you like. But it's not true, it's actually a freedom, you're free to be who you are and express your identity, to be free from the world's fashion standard and be like you want to be.
Lots of girls suffer from the obsession of fitting into society and trying to apply to the standard of beauty; you have to be thin, have nice hair, clean skin.. otherwise you won't be accepted or you're not enough. So they are not really free, on the contrary they are enchained by standard, they strive to fit in. Hijab gives me liberty to break those standard and be the way I want to be, have a choice, and I can do a lot of things with it; I can work, I can run, I can travel, I can still go to the Beach.. it's not a few more inches of fabric and a scarf on my head that will forbid me from enjoying and living happily.

Hijab has such a beauty of its own, it enlighten the faces and the hearts.

© 2022 Black Jess


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
1 Review
Added on July 24, 2022
Last Updated on July 24, 2022

Author

Black Jess
Black Jess

Algeria



About
Writing is my escape. I want to be lost in a world made of books,tea and rainy days. We need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overly.. more..

Writing