The Roger's Family Thanksgiving

The Roger's Family Thanksgiving

A Story by Nashacra
"

This is a story I wrote for my creative writing class. The topic was to write about your family's thanks giving tradition which for my family is my father carving the turkey. I will warn, its grusome

"
On the night of thanksgiving at the Rogers household, you can hear the cackles of the mad sisters, mistress Janice and Catherine Mary Anne, as they drink from their wine glasses while devouring moldy cheese and stale crackers spread out for the rest of the devilish family. There bony and long fingers move in the direction of the delicacies until it is pierced by their long black fingernails as drops of the red liquid from the wine glass dribble down their chins. To accompany their laughter and pre-dinner snack is the son of one of Janice , young Nathan, making jokes and telling tales of the animal he had recently seen get torn to bits by a larger, more threatening animal. He goes on about the way the skin and flesh tears when the animal takes its first lust driven bite.

“Oh and the sounds!” He goes on “the sounds of the bones breaking sound so divine! Oh, dear sister, do you not agree?” The boy said to his older sister, dearest Samantha.

“Yes, my darling brother, it does paint the picture of something you might call a succulent performance regarding a dark and painful demise. Mmm… le mort de la perfection” she said as a sinister smile spread across her face. As she smiled she stared intensely at a small white rose she had placed in her hand, lost in thought as she ran her thumb over the sharp thorns.

“Now, Nathan! Don't be talking of such things before dinner. As you can tell we're already starving” Janice said followed by a loud cackle conjured by her sister.

Samantha could only roll her eyes at her mother's statement, but it didn't stake long for her attention to be brought back to the rose. While the sisters drank, the son talked, and the daughter sat quietly, they waited for the devilish Darrell to appear assuring that their holiday could begin. Once he finally did he quickly snuck in the room and without warning he yelled at the top of his lungs “our feast is prepared!” Causing the family to laugh out loud in excitement them family walked one by one into the dining room and sat down, but not Samantha. Her father insisted that she be the one to present the carving knife to her father, her being the oldest of the two children. Samantha did as she was told and brought the carving knife into the dining room where everyone had been seated, waiting for her. When she walked in she was presented with flawless broken decorations and broken plates, shredded and old napkins and tablecloth, as well as candles made from the finest ear wax. As swell as that she could see a square object covered by a cloth in front of her father as he sat. Samantha walked up to the table and handed the knife to her father who accepted it with a large white smile underneath his dark mustache. Once the knife was taken, Samantha retired to her chair that her brother had picked for her as an activity. When she sat, her father stood and began to speak.

“Family of mine, I humbly welcome and thank you for joining us on this day. To be a man with so much to share, I am thankful I was given the honor of sharing it with you, my beloved wife, my dearest daughter, my excited son, and my gracious sister-in-law. I love you all very much and I thank the lord for every day I am able to spend with you. Thank you.” The family applauded with such love as they watched Darrell bow his head. For to have been so lucky they were given such a gracious man for a father, husband, and brother. Blessings.

“Time for turkey!” Nathan yelled out causing the family to laugh. As said by the young Nathan, the devilish Darrell lifted the knife and placed a hand on the cloth covering the large square object. He quickly pulled it off to reveal a live turkey in a cage. It was looking all over the place with the most confused of looks until Darrell quickly grabbed it by the neck with one hand still holding the knife, grabbing and throwing the cage with the other hand, and finally forcing the bird on its stomach onto a large platter. He took the knife in his other hand and looked his family with the evilness of smiles.

“Ready, family?” He asked

Everyone nodded their head yes, excited and starving. With that Darrell soon began to cut off pieces of the live turkey. The poor animal cried out in pain as the knife dug into its flesh. By the time Darrell had cut a piece he was already drenched in blood.

“Boy we got a juicy one didn't we!” Darrell commented.

“Why yes we did, father!” Nathan replied.

Darrell slipped the bloody piece of flesh onto Nathan’s plate who began to gobble it down instantly, the taste mesmerizing him. He was eventually able to get everyone a piece and once they got their piece, they became wild animals. Samantha would soon partake in the delicious meal that she had in front of her, even though she didn't like turkey, but first she took the rose she had been holding onto and lightly trailed the petals along the blood soaked flesh. When she brought it back to her eye it had been covered in blood, just how she liked her roses.

“La rose de la mort sanglante. Je tu adore! Ma petite rose.” Samantha said to the blood soaked flower. She turned her attention away from the rose to watch how her family ate their food. Grabbing it with their hands and ripping the flesh like it was there first meal in years. She could only smile at the family of psychotic barbarians she was put into, at how they behaved in such old ways. She loved it.

with a devilish smile as she ran her finger along the blood caked petals, collecting the moisture then sticking the finger in her mouth, savor its taste.

“Happy thanksgiving…” she whispered to herself, her smile still showing, for it was….a Happy Thanksgiving.

© 2017 Nashacra


Author's Note

Nashacra
Some of the spelling is incorrect, but it is rather minor. I really hope you enjoy this twisted tale and please do review it, I would appreciate

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on January 7, 2017
Last Updated on January 7, 2017
Tags: Grusome, distorted version of my family t, if you like the Adam's family I

Author

Nashacra
Nashacra

South Portland, ME



About
Hello, my name is Sam. I tend to write short writings regarding pain, mental illness, and suicude though they are not terribly dark neither are they terribly light. If you are interested in these topi.. more..

Writing
My story My story

A Story by Nashacra