The Messenger

The Messenger

A Story by Nathan the Sane
"

A short story for school work, asking to paint a scenario and add a twist ending.

"

The messenger was running.

He always ran, since he and his co-workers were very special messengers; they were very fast and skilled couriers, who worked round the clock, almost never pausing for a rest. They lived short lives, but each one was very important, for if even one message wouldn't be delivered, the entire world known to its inhabitants would change.

On his few brakes, the messenger often asked himself why he did all this, but he knew the answer to that question. Together, the messengers joined the different parts of their domain together, and helped maintain order in it.

The messenger was now running inside the main control room of the world. 'Room' may not be the right word, since it was huge. In it, about ten million scientists analyzed data coming from all over their world and out of it. It got its information from the messengers, who ran on approximately 25,000 different routes, and quickly sent them to another place they were needed in. Just yesterday, the messenger had to deliver a vital message to the control room, regarding a food shortage. He was then sent, along with many others, to deliver messages to many other places. Later, he returned to bring a new report; this time, all was well.

Each area in the world was in charge of something else. Some places monitored the water supply, while others were in charge of waste disposal. Some gazed upon the infinite universe around them, and some took care of offending matter. Together, they were all able to keep their world in good shape.

This world of theirs was something spectacular; it contains many organizations with a wide variety of different jobs to do, to help maintain their world and help it interact with its surroundings: It needed to move around in the universe, to communicate with other worlds and help get required materials in order to sustain itself. Sometimes it would get damaged, and need help reconstructing certain areas. Other times it would get infected from the outer world. It was always at change, and never stopped for an instant. There were billions of worlds like it; each different, made in a different time and die out in a different time. Each world was extraordinary and unlike any world made before or after it.

The messenger has now reached his destination.

One area of the control room understood the data being fed into it from another part.

The brain understood what these lines on paper are and deciphered them, after commanding the arm to type these particular keyboard buttons.


This story is finished, but the brain will soon come up with another one.

Then, once again, the messenger will begin running…

© 2016 Nathan the Sane


Author's Note

Nathan the Sane
Inspired by a similar story my grandfather wrote about the human body.
03/30/2013 - Ninth Grade

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very amusing!! Keep up the great work!!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nathan the Sane

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback!
Clever write. Nicely done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nathan the Sane

7 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it
T.S. Sky

7 Years Ago

Yes I love it. :)
This is really impressive.I love everything about it. I like the story concept. I can't wait to see more of your stories.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nathan the Sane

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I had a lot of fun working on the twist ending, and even thought of making a lo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 17, 2016
Last Updated on December 18, 2016
Tags: Metafiction, Twist Ending, Nervous System, Brain

Author

Nathan the Sane
Nathan the Sane

Even Yehuda, Israel



About
"Writing is easier. You can choose what to write and what to erase. What to cross out and what to revise. I hide behind my words, rewriting again and again, just because I can." My name is Nathan Lew.. more..

Writing