A Note From Nathan Gray... Simply Tired.

A Note From Nathan Gray... Simply Tired.

A Poem by Nathan Aguiar
"

Most likely the first of a series of works, done mostly in my free time.

"
A Note from Nathan Gray...

I'm tired... No, really... Well, not really. I'm tired but I'm wide awake. I'm looking around the room. Nothing out of the ordinary. Still, the feeling of dread... the feeling you get when paranoia absolutely destroys all logic... Like I'm being watched by someone who isn't a someone. Something that isn't anything at all. I guess my mind doesn't like cooperation all that much...

I'm not tired in a way... I haven't accomplished anything, yet everything I've dreamed of completing has been completed. I get the feeling that I'm missing out due to a lack of feeling. My senses dulled from fatigue yet I'm wide awake....

Tired.... not in the sense of drowsiness. Tired in the sense of emotionless incompleteness... Tired from being, but at the same time, not tired of being... I enjoy being, but I'm always so tired... Tired of feeling, and tired of not feeling, tired of not knowing why I'm filled with hope, but tired of getting my hopes up only to be let down... If only I could find a way to stop being so tired...

But if I sleep, I wake up even more exhausted, and the cycle repeats....

© 2015 Nathan Aguiar


Author's Note

Nathan Aguiar
I do expect criticism to be either harsh, yet insightful. The main thing I'm interested in is tone, and how well the mood was set? I'd also like to hear what people liked and disliked, maybe start a conversation...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on September 18, 2015
Last Updated on September 18, 2015
Tags: Tired, Depressing, Dramatic, empty, insane

Author

Nathan Aguiar
Nathan Aguiar

MA



About
Not much to say about me. I write in my spare time. I don't have the authority to say how good I am, but I write anyway. So please bare with me... more..

Writing