Insanity

Insanity

A Story by N. S. Chromic
"

We all lose our temper at some point. The problem is what happens after we lose it.

"
November 16, 1786
I was standing by the window when my mother approached me, and she whispered in my ears 'Do not worry, nothing will happen to your little brother'
She was ill. It was an illness which drugs were not able to cure. An illness of the mind, mere insanity was what she had. 
I did not have a little brother, it was all utter nonsense and I knew it. My mother had an illness that the doctor couldn't cure. Even if I had the money to, she was just labeled as crazy. 
It was a terrifying feeling to be alone with her in the room, she would suddenly start talking by herself, or treat me like a small child when I was not. There were times when she would choke me in my sleep and I would gasp for air to breathe. A truly malicious illness had overtaken my mother.
I wish she didn't exist. Could she die? Will she ever disappear?
She seems to be sitting in a chair and not moving at all, her eyes are open and she's not blinking. I thought she had finally died, but when I went to check her pulse, I could see she was still breathing.
Yes... She was still alive, but even so I took a knife. I was tired of taking care of her and I had to begin my life too. I had no need for her, and she was useless to me. As I approached her, she started laughing, and she saw me approaching her and she giggled as she spoke my name 'Jack... Jack ... JACK JACK JACK JACK!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA'  Her laughter was infernal, so I stabbed her as she kept laughing. The laughter turned painful and she did not realize that... she was dying.
The next thing I saw was blood. It was everywhere, in the chair and the floor, and there was a horrifying corpse which I used to call mother. I killed her. She's gone and she will never come back.
Death is quick and tragic. Surely the best death is murder, that is a fact.

Jack

© 2014 N. S. Chromic


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on April 17, 2014
Last Updated on April 28, 2014
Tags: Tragic, Monologue, Death, Dark, Dramatic