Those Days....

Those Days....

A Story by Argo
"

A Story about my everyday struggle

"
    Those days that I didn't have my own bedroom, those days , just thinking of them gave me chills, those days were the days that I had to hug my sister and then pretend that all of that didn't happen, those days.
     It was the 4th fight they had during two weeks , and that meant to take care of my sister, go out, come back and pretend it never happened, but for real, it did , a lot.
     I did good when it was only to calm my sister and sometimes my older brother, but I didn't do well when I was the "mommy", and that was when my mom and dad argued badly , like that day; When I was the "mommy", I mean that I really was the mommy, I would cook, clean and do anything else to try to replace my mom , dad or both.
      Today was one of those days, that I sat in any corner in the house and hugged my sister, tapped her ear and made sure she didn't hear a thing.That day was the longest of all days , it was night and they didn't stop fighting. I was almost asleep and I felt a slight tap on my leg and I sat up alarmed , it was my sister , and she said:
      "Can I sleep with you today ?" She said 
       I saw tears in her eyes , I couldn't stand a woman cry , I couldn't stand a girl cry , and how was I supposed to see my sister cry ? So I said:
      "Yes , sure" I yawned
       In minutes she was already asleep , like her , I tried to but I couldn't , I gave away my space in the couch and pulled a chair over , and watched her almost the entire night.
       It passed more and more of those days , 6th , 7th, 8th and 9th all in a row , they never were in a row , they used to have a break of 2 or 3 days at least, I never could sleep , the arguing just circled around my head, I took all that time and used it for thinking and then I asked myself "What happened to my dad ?", "What happened to my mom ?", "What happened with all of us ?"
       I just couldn't think about the possibility of my dad drinking , but in deep thoughts , I knew it was very possible. He came in hypnotic , leaning to one side then another , then he would let something fall and break or he himself would break it.
       I knew that this thinking was dark for a 10 year old child but I just lived like that, I knew everything that others didn't.
        The days passed and on the 9th day , the arguing wen on and on, and once again , I could not sleep , I would not even try to sleep and then I thought of the most horrible thing ever "Will they divorce ?" I gulped aloud , like the question wasn't mine but from someone else, I couldn't think of my sister, brother and I in an orphanage and maybe separated , then I knew it was time to stand up , I started heading towards the living room , on which the murmuring sound grew more and more at each step.
       I passed through the doors , they didn't seem to notice me , so I just stood there , watching them for 1 full minute and then I couldn't take it anymore , thoughts flew through my head , my sister with another brother , me with another family , my brother without anyone, I just blurted:
       "SHUT UP ! Cant you guys ever shut up ?!,"At this time they were already looking at me "Do you see what you're doing ? What's wrong with you two ? Just shut up ! 
       They looked at me wide-eyed, like I was a stranger, my mom smiled at me , she was flooded in tears; My dad , I felt like he was about to slap me across the face , but he didn't, I saw it in his eyes, I had won the argument.
        They never stopped fighting , but they would fight less often and quieter since then , and for the first time , I felt pride for taking care and being the mommy.
         My brother , he just grinned at me in respect , he wasn't a rough brother , he just reputation , that grin meant it all to me. As for my sister , she kept being my lovely and sweet younger sister.

© 2013 Argo


Author's Note

Argo
I took a lot of time doing this , ignore the grammar because i didn't look it over well except to check its subject, and tell me what you think about it. This is a real life story , some parts I twisted a little bit. And that's the think about writing "You can do anything you want , from changing a moment to creating someone"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was amazing. I know many people that got divorced that your story brought tears to my eyes. Oh my god.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Argo

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading , and I hope you liked !
Dragon

10 Years Ago

I loved! I loved! I loved!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Added on October 24, 2013
Last Updated on October 25, 2013

Author

Argo
Argo

NJ



About
I am a middle school student and I like to write A LOT , and I am actually in making a book and more stuff to get my writing incredible. more..

Writing
Busy Life Busy Life

A Poem by Argo


Booms Booms

A Poem by Argo