But She Was

But She Was

A Story by nejiel_p.r.
"

You are pretty.

"

Standing in front the mirror, looking at her own reflection with distressed face, she whispered, "Why can't I see the beauty in me?" She bit her lower lip and gazed at her whole face for a bit more. She still couldn't find what she was looking for. Her eyebrows furrowed, "Is there even something beautiful to see?"

 

She held her hand out and touched the cold surface of her mirror as if she was feeling her skin. She ran her fingertips through each and every part of her face on the glass. She smiled, deception present in her brown eyes, "I am not beautiful."

 

But she was. 

 

She was more than beautiful. She was astounding. She was wonderful. She really was. Only, she didn't know that. She kept looking at her faults that she was blinded by them. She wasn't able to witness the beauty she held. Her insecurities covered the ravishing parts about her. 

 

Girl, you are damn stunning. More than you could imagine. People may not see it but you are. Those eyes that witnessed different stories as you live, those lips that could say sweet, caring words, those cheeks with a touch of blush that stretches whenever you smile, those eyelashes that made you look so innocent, your hair that crowned your whole being, your body, and your faults that completed you, they are all lovely.

 

Live your life with confidence. Walk on the street proudly. Flaunt your skin, smile with your lips, view the world through your eyes, flip your hair, and dress whatever you want. It's your pleasure, it's your privilege.

 

If no one made you pretty, at least do it for yourself because you are. Forget those judgmental looks, forget your insecurities, forget what the others say, just be you. Just be you until someone will come to make you feel the best and that someone will embrace you because you know what? No matter who you are, no matter what race you came from, no matter what your color is, you are like a painting perfect for only the right eyes. 

 

Right after she uttered those words, she felt an arm wrapping around her waist. The face of someone who gave her everything came into view. He smiled at their reflection and kissed her cheeks, "But I see nothing but beauty. Darling, you are. Sure, you are faulty, imperfect in many ways but that's what I love about you. You are just who you are and besides, I only want you to be beautiful in my eyes."

© 2017 nejiel_p.r.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on February 5, 2017
Last Updated on February 5, 2017
Tags: inspiring, romance, thought

Author

nejiel_p.r.
nejiel_p.r.

Antipolo City, Philippines



About
And my world is written on different pages of paper. more..

Writing