Number One: The Dream

Number One: The Dream

A Story by PidgeeSolo
"

The Lunatic Inspired by this: This character belongs to a friend of mine.

"

Dust covered at least 2 inches on top of every surface. My breath was short, but the steam trailed ahead, like on a breeze. The walls were entire racks of small shelves, some of the cabinets pulled out, and their contents strewn about. I looked at my right hand, where I felt a slight pressure, only to see a small black creature, like a long-eared child, but with rather large, pointed teeth.


“Come with me.”


               The creature lead me down the hall, as I glanced at the labels on each cabinet. Roslyn, Eric, Caleb, Edward, Rosie, Samantha; all names that I knew. We stopped at a low and wide door, dark wood with a white frame, and a glass knob. The door seemed to be the only thing not drowning in dust. I reached out to take the knob, but the creature pulled on my sweater.


“No. Let me.”


It put my arm down and walked up to the door. It placed its entire arm around the knob, and as it did, it transformed into a cat-like entity, and began to float around my head.


“Go on. Open it.”


               My eyes met a blinding white light, and pain shot through my entire body. My skin ripped from my muscle, my muscle tore from my bones, and my bones corroded into paste. I simply wasted away into nothing, but I was still there, with the pain of a million swords piercing my flesh.


               I awoke covered in sweat, my boxers soaked and my sheets damp. I had wet the bed, again. As I changed into new pj’s and threw my sheets into the laundry hamper, I knew something was different about that dream; I knew that cat-like creature. He was a delusion I saw in the waking world, my mind’s interpolation of temptation and guilt, all wrapped into one being. The difference was that the setting was new; the only dream to ever cause my leak was the “raptors”. And this was about my demons.

© 2012 PidgeeSolo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

143 Views
Added on December 8, 2012
Last Updated on December 31, 2012
Tags: short story, lunatic, teen, dream, nightmare, demon, Chrstopher, segment, novel, inspiration

Author

PidgeeSolo
PidgeeSolo

WA



About
Hey there, kids. The name's Pidgee and writing stuff is my game. I mostly partake in writing short stories, poetry, and character bios. I do plan on creating a larger story or maybe a novel, but that .. more..

Writing